New cab for my V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott7d

Reaction score
I sold my 2x12 Recto cab locally for $325 to fund a 4x12 at the local pawn shop. I had them open up the back so I could check everything out, and played through it to make sure everything was sound, and it was just fine!! A couple little scuffs in the front that don't go all the way through and that's it. Has V30's.

The best part........I got them down from $400 to $300, so I actually MADE a little money off the whole thing :twisted: I still would have gladly paid $400. The speakers alone were probably worth that much.

Rivera K412

21546_337943268884_506468884_4824001_8376467_n.jpg

Sick!

I've changed cabs over and over.. I'm happy with my stiletto 212, but am returning it and am now supporting port city 8)

shogun said:
Sick!

I've changed cabs over and over.. I'm happy with my stiletto 212, but am returning it and am now supporting port city 8)

I've been seeing Port City show up a lot on forums. I get GAS just seeing people type about such things :lol: I'll give a full tone report on this Rivera tomorrow, have a gig with it tonight.

My god. I have been missing out all these years on not using a 4x12. It felt like a thunderstorm was behind me. And mic'ing it up with the SM57 sounded unbelievable through the PA. Luckily I found a nice spot for the mic right away.

100% satisfied with the cab!!

I share your enthusiasim for the 4X12 . They are magical . You dont only hear them you feel it as well

try two 4x12s at half master and half output and tell me if you can have kids again lol. Its a good old swift kick to the nuts

pathos45 said:
try two 4x12s at half master and half output and tell me if you can have kids again lol. Its a good old swift kick to the nuts

Haha! Sounds good. I don't need to be reproducing anyways :lol:

But in all seriousness, I am glad I found the deal on this. And the speakers seem way smoother than the V30's that were in my Mesa 2x12. Not sure if they are just broken in more or what.

most likely broken in, but also cabs are made a bit diffrently. Also your getting all 4 speakers in one go insted of 2 really in a tight space with not much room to create diffrent sounds. Also try the "foam mod" it cost about 30 bucks and probally is the best thing ever. Go buy a queen size foam top matress thing that you stick on your bed and some spray adhesive. Then go to local hardware store and pick up 8-12 guage wireing, i used 10 some guys say 8 is best but its fucking thick as **** and really w.e lol, then measure your cab with the foam cut it to right size, also remember if theres some extra thats ok dont wanna be skimpy on the foam lol. Then spray adhesive the foam alot and stick her in and i mean everywhere where ever theres not speakers. Then re wire your cab with the wire that you bought and never ever look back. I have done this for my cabs, my other guitarist cabs, bassist cabs, other friends cabs and it just sounds so much better because your not getting any air or sound out of the back of the cab its all being pressed forward. Also if you feel reallllly fancy you could caulk ever seam in the cab i did it because i was bored and baked from the spray adhesive so its a great expereince in more ways than one :lol: .

Haha! Thanks again for the tip! What I actually do like about this cab (and I should have snapped a picture of it) is they actually already have some foam connected to the inside back of the cab. If I'm feeling frisky, I may give your method a try.

Right now, I am just in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode. 8)

I'm not a big fan of the V30s using the Mark V, because of the midhump, but that's pretty sweet, man.

Latest posts

Back