Need help with my new mini rig!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksolo

Reaction score
I'm sure this is easy for you guys,but to me its rocket science.Heres what I got:
Roadster 2x12 combo
GMajor 2
Voodoo Labs Control Pro
GCX audio switcher
Banshee 2 talk box.

Okay what I want to do is run the Gmajor 2 and the talk box thru the GCX effects loop and run it all to the mesa in serial. I want the "final" processed sound to run thru the talk box so my talkbox has delay etc.
The talkbox has a send and return jack,it also has a guitar input jack,and an output jack.
On the GCX I have Loops 8-4 dedicated to switching amp channels how in the hell do i hook up the Gmajor and talkbox into all that? I've been reading thru 5 different manuals and 6 different websites/forums and none of them have detailed info on what goes where.Hell I even tried to call Mesa Boogie.I got everything but the loops figured out,its killing me!!!! Please help!!!!

blksolo said:
I'm sure this is easy for you guys,but to me its rocket science.Heres what I got:
Roadster 2x12 combo
GMajor 2
Voodoo Labs Control Pro
GCX audio switcher
Banshee 2 talk box.

Okay what I want to do is run the Gmajor 2 and the talk box thru the GCX effects loop and run it all to the mesa in serial. I want the "final" processed sound to run thru the talk box so my talkbox has delay etc.
The talkbox has a send and return jack,it also has a guitar input jack,and an output jack.
On the GCX I have Loops 8-4 dedicated to switching amp channels how in the hell do i hook up the Gmajor and talkbox into all that? I've been reading thru 5 different manuals and 6 different websites/forums and none of them have detailed info on what goes where.Hell I even tried to call Mesa Boogie.I got everything but the loops figured out,its killing me!!!! Please help!!!!

Sounds like some awesome gear, friend! Try this. This is very similar to my setup, only my crazy self runs a synth through a separate loop in my effects chain (I like the sound of synth organs through guitar amps at safe volumes).

I'm not very familiar with talk boxes, but for what you described, I think this setup would work pretty well for you:
Guitar -> Main amp input. Amp loop send -> GCX loop 1 in. GCX loop 1 send -> G Major input. G Major output -> GCX loop 1 return. GCX loop 1 out -> Talk box input. Talk box output -> Amp loop return. This way, you keep it kind-of simple, not having to use the talkbox's loop or the G major's loop. I'm not sure if that's how you want to use the GCX system, like if you wanted a separate loop for both the G major and the talk box.

Hope this helps. If not, just PM me and I'll try to offer some more help!

Dude you are the man,it worked!!!!! BUT i need to put the talkbox in the GCX loop so i dont have to tap dance. I need to be able to use the ground control to turn the talkbox on and off while keeping the Gmajor effects going thru it so I can have a talk box patch setup on the Gmajor 2. I'm sooooo close to the answer!!! Help!!

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. Been away from the computer for a while.

Oh, I think I get it now. To my knowledge, the Gmajor2 does not have its own effects loop. So let me think...
I'm not 100% sure how the loop system of the GCX works, but try this...

Hook it up this way: Guitar -> Amp input. Amp Send -> GCX loop 1 in. GCX loop 1 send -> G Major input. G Major output -> GCX loop 1 return. GCX loop 1 out - > GCX loop 2 in. GCX loop 2 send -> Talkbox in. Talkbox out -> GCX loop 2 return. GCX loop 2 out -> Amp Return.

Hopefully that will yield the results you want. Again, I haven't gotten the pleasure of fiddling with the GCX or G Major before. If this doesn't get you going, just PM me, and we'll try again!

Latest posts

Back