Need help from Mark III long head owners... :(

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John D.

Reaction score
I recently stripped the old, ripped & faded tolex off my 1986 Mark III long head and recovered it. It looks pretty good, but I realized after I covered it and the glue ws dry that I forgot to mark the positions for the rubber feet :shock:

There's no way to tell where the original screw holes are from looking or feeling the new tolex, and the screw holes don't go through to the inside so I can't make guide holes in the tolex from inside the housing. I'd really rather not make new holes in the bottom...

Is there anyone with a Mark III long head who could give me some measurements as to where the screw holes for the feet are located on the bottom of the head, so I'd have a better chance of finding them?

Much, much thanks in advance...

Hi, mine has the black plastic Vox-style corners...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have a 1983 iic converted to a iic+ long head that I recently recovered. I will get you the dimensions tomorrow. It would be difficult to find the holes by randomly probing for them. However with the proper dimensions it is possible to do this. I was able to locate all four of the holes in my cab once I had the proper measurements. BTW my cab also had the plastic Vox style corners. Hopefully the cabs will be close.

The measurements for the rubber feet on my 1983 head are as follows.

Front Foot : 2" from the side edge; 1 13/16" from the front edge

Rear Foot : 1 15/16" from the side edge ; 1 7/8" from the rear edge

I only measured one side as I am assuming that both sides are symetric. To the eye they looked symetric. This should get you close then probe for the exact location of the mounting holes. I hope this is helpful.

Latest posts

Back