My new amp (aka inside a MKIIC+)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratmeister

Reaction score
OK, I'm convinced. Got my first Boogie MkIIC+ and now can't figure what I'm going to do with all my other amps....

Anyway, I saw another post about the insides of a MkIV, and I pulled mine to check it out, so I took a few pics. Here's the inside of a MKIIC+, 60 watt with reverb. I was told it was all original, not modded.

boogieandprs.jpg

boogiechassisleft.jpg

boogiechassisright.jpg

Enjoy!

I didn't see anything obvious that looked like a violation in there, but considering it's something like 20-21 years old I'm amazed the electrolytics are all still good. It sounds like pure heaven too with the PRS.

I typically play a '66 blackface Super Reverb and a Strat with pedals, but the clean channel does a fine job of getting just dirty enough to be a blues machine. :D And the lead channel, well it speaks for itself. :shock:

Thanks for the second set of eyes BB.

If you dont have any leaks, hum or lack of bottom end, I would leave the caps alone. All three of mine have the original caps and they still perform there job.

I bet you put on a curly black wig and started talking about Shiva when you plugged those two together. Carlos City. You have to love the combination.

Elpelotero said:
Which PRS??!! I'd love to hear that.

First picture, it's a PRS singlecut (Violin Amber quilt maple 10-top, bird inlays, stoptail) that I replaced the PUPs in, with... tada... Santana I's. Yeah it is instant Carlos for sure. They come with PRS #7 PUPs installed which are a bit harsh for my tastes, more of a metal-ish tone, so I put in a pair of zebra Santana's and it's been my favorite humbucker guitar ever since.

And I don't plan on messing with the caps or any mods at all. I just don't think it needs anything. Although I think I'll start another thread on tubes... :wink:

Latest posts

Back