my first mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdan19

Reaction score
hey guys im brand new to the forum but used it to get a lot of info when i was choosing an amp. i was set on getting an f-30 combo to start with but the last month made me insane. there were 3 mesa heads to come through second hand in the same store.

a mark iv short head
a lonestar head
a stiletto ace head.

i've just had a head and cabinet made here in australia by duane at ledford amplification and i think the 2x12 25w greenbacks will go well with the new mesa.
the mark iv was difficult to use in the sense i had to really dial sounds in. the lonestar was a little too clean for my taste but the stiletto was gorgeous. nice clean channel, great crunch and insane levels of gain. altogether i couldn't compare this one to anything else out there, its a very unique amp with a lot of options.

why mesa? in one word "diversity".[/img]

Mesa is **** good but also **** expensive. No wonder I'm working two jobs! :evil:

Ciao ...

i was actually pretty lucky to get it, if you think the prices are high in the US you should see what aussies are having to pay for mesa boogie products. i got it for aus$2900 they retail for around $4600 new here and it was only a month old.

Latest posts

Back