My Express 5:25 review

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know what you end up keeping. Nothing wrong with keeping both! I really love the Mark V:25 combo. Very easy to get around and the 10” speaker is Ok in a pinch. Plug it into a proper cab and it is a rocking beast!

I don't know if this is relevant to this thread, but since it came up, here's my thoughts:

1. My ver1 Express 525 10" combo is a stellar amp that serves as my grab-n-go, but easily can also serve as my gig amp (which it has for lower-volume gigs). Fwiw, rock/radio covers.

2. I hated the original 10" speaker (which I think is an Eminance for Mesa?). Replaced it with a Weber sig and it's definitely better: smoother, not harsh. But ultimately landed on a Celestion Creamback: awesome! Yes, in its combo cab, this 10"er delivers crisp cleans, tight bottom, and rich yet smooth mids. Love this speaker in this combo cab.

3. I also have an Avatar 112 cab loaded with a Mesa MC90. Superb aux cabinet! While I dig the stock combo's tone with the Creamback, the 112 cab adds the girth and bottom that one would expect from a 112. But I like this along with the 10" because the mids from the Creamback are beautiful.

Hope this helps someone :)

Edward

Latest posts

Back