MkII C Graphic Board Re-Cap Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen

Reaction score
Greetings all-

My '83 Mk II C Simul (DRG upgraded to C+) is needing to be re-capped. Not a major issue, but I got to looking at the electrolytics on the Grapic EQ amp board and I can see that the 10uf/63v caps are looking puffy. Is there anything particularly special about these e'lytics? I could not find much identifying info on them to look up other than they are rated to 85C.

The first 10uf cap is at the neg DC rail and the second seems to be passing signal.

Just wondering what would be the appropriate replacement.

Thanks for any info.

Allen

Appropriate replacement would be 10uf/63v.The thing with electros is "close enough is good enough",just be sure the voltage rating is at least 63v's or more.As to the uf value,10uf is common,so you shouldnt have a problem finding them.

Thanks Stokes.

I was just wondering if these original caps were an audio grade cap or if they were just general purpose elytics. They might be a French made cap as they have "CE" on them, but that's a guess.

The one 10uf is just a local reservoir that helps hold up the power rail.

The other 10uf looks like it is also a localized reservoir, but also appears to be passing signal to the driver stage, so I wondered if they needed to be audio grade.

Thanks for the help.

Back