Mini MkIIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratmeister

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my first MkIIC+ and love it to death. But to make it scream it does have to be pretty loud.

So... for something around the house that approimates the sound/tone of my MkIIC+, would a Subway Rocket be close? Or another model? Never played one, can't find one around to try so I thought I'd throw the question out for opinions.
THanks!

Try running in Class a or 60 if not simulclass and pop the 8ohm speaker in the 4ohm jack. This will cut your power down about 1/2. Provides for great power amp clipping.

Somethings not right then. Any Mark series Boogie should be able to scream at any volume level. These amps are the best for low volume saturation. Try something like this.
Captured2006-1-500000.jpg

I often have the 750 slider a little higher than that. And this is for a metal lead tone, the clean will suffer with volume 1 up soo high. But, just set volume 1 on 6.5, it's still pretty saturated and you could always use a Tube Screamer.

I do clips like this with the amp at TV volumes, the sort of volume yo can easily talk over while your in the same room with it.

http://www.musicv2.com/stream.php?id=16224

Back