Mesa warranty acknowledgement?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick

Reaction score
Hey all, I sent in the warranty registration/demographics survey for my LSS about 2 weeks ago. Do they send anything back to you to let you know that they got it?

Dunno, I sent mine out right after I purchased my Recto a month and a half ago. The only warranty (or communication of any kind) I've received in the mail is the Guitar Center warranty I purchased at the counter.

Sorry for the "not really an answer"...

Wrake

I bought a Stiletto and traditional 4X12 about 3 months ago and never got any acknowledgement of receipt of my warranty card until yesterday. Got a call from one of the guys in customer service letting me know about the "Hollywood Mod" for the Stiletto. I think they only called because of my comment on the warranty card about wishing the fluid drive was more like the "modern" mode on my rect-o-verb. I wouldn't worry about not receiving a note from them. It's very unlikely you would ever need to use the warranty, and I figure that as long as you have the receipt from who/where you bought it, you'll be okay.

You don't get any sort of feedback whatsoever, but it doesn't matter until you actually need warranty work. And even then, you're better off giving the tech a copy of your receipt. It's either the receipt or the warranty, so long as you have one or the other.

Nope, you get no kind of acknowledgement back from Mesa. I custom ordered a MKIV in 1991 & a RK in 2004 and didn't hear a thing back from Mesa. So far, I've spent almost $6000 on Boogies and it really irks me that they don't acknowledge receiving your warranty card. You have no clue that they received your warranty card & that you were entered into the database until your Boogie needs servicing. The postal system does fail & Mesa may never have received your warranty card. I think that every one of us Boogie owners are very proud of our amps. You would think that it wouldn't be too much trouble if Mesa could send you something like a congratulations letter and a "Certificate of Ownership" with a serial number and a signature. Just about all Mesa purchases are considered significant & you think Mesa could respond back with a simple "Thank You" welcoming you into the elite Mesa Club. Instead, I get the feeling they are ignoring me & don't really appreciate my business. We all know that Mesa makes an incredible product but it wouldn't hurt for them to reach out to their customer base & show a little appreciation. After all, they wouldn't be here without us.

Yes,Mesa doesnt send Christmas cards to even us big spenders. Al of my amps and cabs have been thru a Mesa dealer,so they do have files thru them as well as your warrenty card. I have called withing 2 weeks of purchase of my amps,and when I stated where I bought them,they had the sale info on the computers. BUT,I wouldnt take that as wrote in stone.
Give them a call,ask for Mike Taylor(or Kris) in customer service. He's treated me well.

Huh. Not my experience at all. Sometime after I sent my card in, I got a call from Mesa thanking me for buying the amp, asking if I had any questions, and telling me to call if I ever did have any questions. And when I did have a question, they returned my call fairly quickly.

Alan

I've bought both an amp and special ordered a cab from them and got phone calls from them after I sent in the reg cards both times. Had nice little chats with them as well.

Same story here, and I'm in Canada. When I bought my Nomad head new about 3 years ago, I got a call from Mike, thanking me for buying the head, and asking if I had any questions. He was very chatty and very nice on the phone.

I've purchased thousands of $$$ from Mesa and never got a call. But, it really doesn't matter to me. I've called them on a half dozen occasions with support issues ranging from broken pots, broken handles, tubes glowing unusually hot, etc. In every case, they've sent me replacement parts, no questions asked, no requirement to fax in receipts for proof, etc. I've had a number of cases where I even purchased used Mesa stuff, but still under the 5 year warranty. They had no record of me owning this gear since it was used. Still they sent replacement parts. I get the sense that they really stand behind their gear and want the Mesa reputation kept intact. It certainly worked for me -- I'll only buy Mesa gear now. Mostly for the tone, but a good part of that purchasing decision is due to their customer service.

HappyStrat said:
Gee, I guess I'm the only one that slipped through the cracks.
Nobody called me when I bought my RK. It's not that big of a deal to me but it would show that they appreciate my business. Although is does concern me that they call some people and not others. If they had to choose I would think that I would be one of the people Mesa should have called considering all the trouble I had with the dealership. On the warranty card I informed Mesa that only the manager (whom I waited 2 hours for) knew anything about my RK. I would assume that Mesa would be pissed to know that they have a bunch of idiots selling their amps. Besides that I also expressed concern that while in the store my amp blew 2 fuses and then one of the EL34s while the sales guy was flipping switches. I discovered that the problem was that the power cord was not inserted properly and was causing the amp to turn on and off rapidly causing the fuses and tubes to blow. Knowing that I bought the amp anyway because they gave me a huge discount thinking that they were getting rid of an amp with big problems but would Mesa be happy knowing that one of their dealers sent out an amp that to the best of their knowledge was f'd up??? Maybe if Mesa is monitoring this forum I'll get a call now!!!

BTW: I've given PRS around $6000.......no calls from them either :(

Back