Mesa Revolver

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerxst88

Reaction score
Anyone have a Mesa Revolver?

They seem so cool but they're so rare! Otherwise I would probably sell off lots of gear to pick one up!

Anything comparable?

I had one for a while, but it was not as great as I had hoped. The balance was not that good... it really wobbled, esp. at the higher speed. Also, there was a bit of an audible pop when switching between the two speeds. One top of that the thing was VERY heavy. I haven't tried any other rotating speakers, although the current Leslie models look nice.

One other thing I remember is that when I had called Mesa Boogie to get some support on the Revolver, they had none. Apparently the person who designed it has long since left the company, and they now have virtually no information on it.

Looks cool.

Mesa_Revolver01.jpg

Mesa_Revolver03.jpg

I have one of these that I would like to sell. I bought it new probably 10 years ago and hardly ever used it - maybe twice at gigs and a few times in the studio. It's in like-new shape & has the original footswitch. I might even be able to find the manuals that came with it. . . I've seen $850-1000 mentioned as a possible price range for these, I'd like to get something in there. Shipping may of course be difficult or expensive depending on where it's going. I'm in Portland OR

I'm working on some pictures of mine, but you already know what it looks like. . .thanks

wow, finally a mesa ive never heard of (mesas relatively new to me...)

interesting. when'd they stop manufacturing these?

Not sure, I think they only made a few hundred of them. Classic Mesa over-engineering - the only rotating cabinet I know of where the speaker itself actually spins 360 degrees. They sound amazing in a large, open room - really cool for recording. The adjustable slow speed is a very nice feature. True they are heavy, but have heavy-duty casters (removable, much more stable on the rubber feet during use. . .) and well-placed handles on top.

They seem so cool but they're so rare! Otherwise I would probably sell off lots of gear to pick one up!

Anything comparable?
Hey:
I have a Revolver. I think the speaker may be blown due to the way it sounds now. I'm trying to figure out how to open it up to get to the speaker. Does anyone know how to remove the grill covers?
Thanks, Kevin

Hi

From looking at the pictures posted in this thread the grills seem to be attached with Velcro, so, maybe a gentle pulling or a bit of levering maybe?

Hope that helps a bit.

Anything comparable?
I have one in great condition. Too heavy to ship. If you're near Long Island i have one for sale.

I dig it. You can too! Seen another?

Attachments

• Revolver 5.jpeg
    Revolver 5.jpeg
    318.6 KB · Views: 0
Back