Mesa repair turn time?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick a

Reaction score
I sent my Mark IV for repairs about two weeks ago (3/12/2008). Anyone know what the usual turn time is?

Anyone that has sent one in for repairs. Did you ever call to check on the status? I want to call but I don't want to feel like I am bugging them. Do they usually call when the problem is figured out or just ship it back?

Call with your RA and find out what is going on. Mesa is very good on turn around times, but depending on the severity or elusiveness of the problem they will keep the amp until it is properly fixed. For me, shipping UPS ground is 18 days there and back. :shock:

It took maybe 3wks. I was suprised considering they told me 6-8wks. All I had done was tube sockets. I think that it really depends on how much **** they have to work on, and how long it takes for your payment to clear. BEWARE though, becasue they package amps like S H I T and in my case the amp hardly fit in the box they sent it back in. Did you send just the chasis or the headshell/combo too?

I called to bug them about my amp and they all got really mad and then I think they all peed in my amp because it still smells funny when I play it loud for a long time. Did I ever tell you what happened to the dish I sent back in this restaurant one time? Just Kidding. They love to talk to you about your amp. Mesa Customer Service is the best.

Did you send just the chasis or the headshell/combo too?

I just sent in the chassis. Actually my local tech shipped it for me because he was unable to repair it. The lead channel sounded really weak, no gain only slightly overdriven.

As far as the payment, my amp is still under warranty.

stonge is right about them packing amps like crap on the way home.
they used to use that form fitting foam stuff that worked great.
now the chassis is wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap, and thrown into some peanuts inside a box that just BARELY fits it, so much so that the transformer is actually touching the top of the box.

see what i mean, here is my mark IV and here is the box they shipped 2 mark IV's and a blue angel chassis to me in.
this is also the same size stonge got his c+ back in.

4.jpg

would it kill mesa to get a box 3 or 4 inches taller?

Honestly, I wouldn't send anything to Mesa ever again unless it was a last resort option. And Rich (warehouse manager)..I don't know what his problem was; he kept refering to my C+ as a C so frequently that I was like "am I going to get my C+ back?"..I finally corrected him and he coped an attitude, like it was my fault they logged it wrong. And this happend almost everytime I talked to him, right down to paying them. I got to the point where I just wanted my amp back. When I did get the amp back I had to remount the power tranny myself, because they put it in the wrong spot. Mike B was great of course but the rest of mesa that I dealt w/ was rude as hell for the most part. My love for mesa goes only as far as the sound it gives me.

Mesa shipped my Mark IV yesterday. There was a bad LDR causing my lead channel to lose gain. My tech should receive it Tuesday.

So finally after buying this amp on ebay in the first week of January. Then finding out it had a bad output transformer plus a lead channel problem. Sending it off to the local tech who had it for two months (he did fix the tranny though). Then sent it to Mesa to fix the lead channel because the tech couldn't figure it out. I now finally get to play a 100% working Mark IV. After three freaking months!

If this amp is damaged during shipping because of Mesa's poor packing I'm gonna go insane. I can wait no longer.

Latest posts

Back