Mesa rectoverb series1 or F50 combo???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PainsPulse

Reaction score
Hi i have an oppurtunity to pick up a used series 1 rectoverb or a f50 combo for about the same price. I want a coheed, iron maiden, bucket type of distortion and a warm clean channel as well as nice liquidy leads. I've wanted a series 2 rectoverb for a long time now, would the series 1 still be worth getting or the f50?

I like my Rect-o-Verb alot and used to own an F-30. I have the series II RoV but have heard that the series I RoVs have less fizz, lack the raw mode, and have a delay in the channel switching. My series II has a delay in the channel switching so I can only imagine how bad the series I delay might be!

thanks for the quick reply.
How long would you say the delay is?
And theres less fizz in the series 1 then 2???

PainsPulse said:
thanks for the quick reply.
How long would you say the delay is?
Maybe 100ms or so? I had one briefly and noticed the problem as well. If you can train yourself to change the channel just before the beat, it won't be as noticeable when you play straight through it, but it'd be nice if you could just hit the button on the beat. Edit: To clarify, I was talking about Series II. I don't know how Series I compares.

I've got a series 1 ROV, and i love it. I've never noticed a delay in the channel switching, but the pop drove me crazy until I learned how to avoid it.

I can't speak for the F-50, I've never heard one.

I would have to go for the Rov over the F-50 just because you get a little more tone shaping and more of a modern sounding tweak-able gain.

My purple f50 halfstack is the only mesa i regret selling. And at one time i owned 11 mesas.

Latest posts

Back