Mesa noob questions.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timme_v

Reaction score
So I'm in the process of selling the ol Peavey solid for a mesa dual rectifier solo.. I have a couple of questions before I do though.

Since the price of Mesa in Aussie Land is ridiculous.. I think its around $4800AUD for head alone, I'm looking at a 2002 model on ebay. This only has 2 channels, and I play all sorts of music from Blues to Metal.. Will this amp be able to handle all that? Or should I look for the new ones with the 3rd channel?

Or

Should I look on the internet for some place in the states that will ship to Aus and have it converted to 240v? Will that work? Because even with shipping and stuff, it seems like a much cheaper option.

Sorry if you get asked this kinda stuff alot, I just want to know as much as possible before I buy. Thanks for any help.

I shipped a dual recto 3 channel to australia and everything turned out fine. Try to find someone on ebay who will ship internationally and you should get a good price on the equipment.

I would suggest getting a transformer that converts from 240 to 120volts because this will be much cheaper than getting a new transformer for the head.

You might want to look at the whole mesa line (stilleto, mark IV, F series, DC series) before you decide on a particular amp.

Greg

jaredrutledge said:
you know, if it wasn't for the women and the beaches, this country would be the ******* of the earth. haha.

Yeah, ur telling me.. Retail for everything.

Thanks for ur help disassembled. Theres a triple recto going for 1000USD on ebay :| That is so cheap... The only other Mesa I've tried is a lone star... sounds awesome as well..

How much does an external transformer cost compared to getting it changed inside the head?

I paid $35 USD for a 500 watt tranny to use in Japan (100volt --> 120volt)
and I paid $80 for a 1000 watt tranny when I was planning to keep my 290 and triaxis.

I bet if you did an internet search for aussie companies you will find a carrier of voltage transformers that will be very affordable.

The best part about it is you don't have to pay anyone to modify the amp and worry about getting wrong parts or a bad installation that destroys the amp.

Here is a US company that will ship worldwide. They sold me both of my voltage converters and I have been very pleased with their products.

http://www.voltageconverters.com/index.html

BTW I sold my dual recto (in near mint condition) for $1200 USD but the shipping was over $200 USD. Still a great deal considering the cost of buying one in your country.

Greg

Why are duals more popular than triples? The triples are going for cheaper on ebay..

timme_v said:
Why are duals more popular than triples? The triples are going for cheaper on ebay..

Do you plan on playing large venues? The triple has a lot of head room. To get to a really good level of saturation your really going to have to crank it.

Will the DR do Blues to Metal? Kind of, I find Rectifiers better for metal but you can roll the volume back on the guitar, use a single coil pick up and get a decent bluesy sound with it. Especially if you put a tube screamer or blues driver in front.

The main difference between a 2 CH DR and 3CH DR is going to be the clean channel which is much improved on the 3CH. There are some (Like myself) that prefer the older 2 CH DR's. 2 of the 3 channels on the 3CH DR have the same mode Raw, Modern, Vintage but are voiced slightly different.

Like someone said, take the time to try stuff out and find what you like.

clutch71 said:
Like someone said, take the time to try stuff out and find what you like.

What lame brained fool would say something like that??????? :shock: :wink: :lol:

Latest posts

Back