Mesa Boogie King Snake Export model cutting out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southpaw79

Reaction score
Firstly, please forgive a newbie if I've posted in the wrong place, but I need your collective help and/or guidance.
I purchased a brand new Mesa King Snake about six months ago from a major UK retailer - it cost me 2,799 uk pounds, one very big price tag. I was concerned even on day one with the amount of noise it made even without a guitar plugged in, but thought it could have been down to lighting rheostats etc. Sure it sounded good but having taken it along to its first gig it let me down badly, it simply cut out half way thru a song. I switched off and on a few times and it eventually sprang back into life but then it happened again. So it was returned to the retailer who were unable to replicate the fault and so swapped the entire guts with a new model into the old cabinet.
It has sat in my studio for a couple of months unused but having just bought a Suhr classic 'strat' I thought I'd try it with the Boogie. After about five minutes playing at modest volume I switch from 10w to 60w and it cuts out again, no sound whatsoever! I try switching it off and back on a few times without success, and leave it. Came back after a few minutes turn it on - all fine! so I phone the retailer. See if you can video the amp misbehaving they suggest, but of course it won't do it again!
I seem to be lumbered with an amp that has cost me a small fortune, that I no longer trust to gig and just sits pretty - has anyone else experienced similar problems and can anyone offer any advice please.

It should have the 5 year standard warranty, call Mesa, or take it to an authorized Mesa repair shop (if they exist in your area??).

Latest posts

Back