Mesa 20/20

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey.
Is it true that there is something on the 20/20 poweramp that lets you easily change the voltage from 110V to 240V?

Thanks
Andy

it is possible if the transform primary coil allows to switch the point of input. There are some transforms that allows you to select the input point for 110 volts or 220 volts, only by taken more spirals from the coil.
The mainly trouble are that transforms are only one of the things of the power supply, there is a totally amount of components that are designed for example to get out the curly of the dc current, for example caps, that are calculated for a 60 cycles and not for 50 cycles.
If the transforms allow you to switch, maybe you must to take paper, pencils and your casio and do some calculations to replace the componentes for the correct values for 50 Hz

That sounds very complicated!!
I heard someone on the boards say it can be done very easily?!
On the '9100' thread not long ago.
Anyone?
Please, any help at all?!
I mailed mesa , but they said i had to phone. Whcih as Imoverseas, will cost me loads so that is out the question for the time being!
Andy

Think that mesa in USA are cheaper than mesa in europe, if changing the voltage was so easily everybody would buy the american mesa and import to Europe.
I meet with some machines does autoregulate the input voltage using and autotransform... but I think that mesa doesn´t uses that kind of tecnology :(

According to Mesa Boogie UK, the 20/20 is the only rack amp that already has a multi voltage transformer. The conversion is very simple even I managed to do it.
On the power transformer PCB where the main cable is joins, there are three zero value resistors or 'linls' that need to rearranged to use the 240V tappings instead of the 110V tappings. Contact Matthew Smith at Boogie UK, get him to send you a wiring diagram. He sent me one - a hand drawn thing, but it was enough to do the conversion. You need to replace a varister as well - this being close to the links on the PCB.
Boogie's UK distributor can supply that, but its going to be the most expensive varister you'll ever buy. Best part of £15 + postage for a component that costs at most £1.

Ian

I also want to change my 20/20 from 110v to 240v, any chance one of you guys could send me the wiring diagram if you still have it?

Many thanks!

Latest posts

Back