Mega Noob Question for my new Mark V (pre-sets)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106alcon

Reaction score
So far loving the amp and really digging the tones. Amazing clean tone and the Mark IV and Extreme are have such clarity using the sliders and less of the knobs.

So to pre-set the sliders for a channel. Do you basically hop on the channel you want to alter the sliders, the set it to pre-set mode......now it is locked in for that channel.....then move onto a another channel move all the sliders to my liking and select preset and it locks it in? Apologies for the noob question. Have not read the whole manual yet. I like to just dive in and start dialing in tones ;) Thanks in advance.

It doesn't work that way. The sliders are old-school, there is no way to "save" a setting on the sliders. The preset knobs (one per channel) are to dial in the amount of "preset" EQ to that channel, the "preset" being the V shape that has been so popular through the years. By turning up the knob, you are boosting lows and highs while at the same time cutting mids. Each channel can use either the sliders OR the preset knob (but not both), or no EQ at all.

Negative.. Its not a digital control

you select either preset or sliders, and adjust either or

also

READ THE MANUAL 8) :lol: :mrgreen:

SteveO said:
It doesn't work that way. The sliders are old-school, there is no way to "save" a setting on the sliders. The preset knobs (one per channel) are to dial in the amount of "preset" EQ to that channel, the "preset" being the V shape that has been so popular through the years. By turning up the knob, you are boosting lows and highs while at the same time cutting mids. Each channel can use either the sliders OR the preset knob (but not both), or no EQ at all.

Thanks I did read the manual and does not make it very clear. When I think of "Pre-sets" I think of saving EQ settings. So basically when I set a channel to pre-set mode if automatically set's it to the classic V shape regardless if I have sliders set differently and on manual for another channel? Makes sense now. I had it all wrong. Anyhoo, new to the Mark fam as just played my Diezel VH4 and VH4S the past years. Now I sold the VH4 mono but keeping the VH3S as I am very pleased as I really just use clean with Chorus, distortion and some mild Crunch.

The thing that always bugged me about amps like these is they boast 9 amps in one, but you really only have 3 at a time say at a gig when it would be nice to have a pedal to switch all 9 modes.

Thanks for the help.

sean106alcon said:
Thanks I did read the manual and does not make it very clear.

Thanks for the help.

The Manual said:
A separate mini-toggle for each Channel located in the left side of the Graphic EQ section allows you to select whether you will use the actual SLIDERS (toggle up) to shape your individual EQ curve or, a PRESET contour (toggle down) based on the ever- popular “V” curve. The PRESET Mode is fitted with a PRESET DEPTH control that allows you to dial in the right amount of the PRESET contour for each Channel’s sound. For example, you might want to use the SLIDERS selection on Channel 3 to craft your own signature lead sound and two different mixes of the PRESET setting on Channels 1 and 2 for your clean rhythm and crunch sounds.

I do think they should have stayed with "Contour" instead of "Preset", as lots of previous Mesas have had the same basic thing going on, called Contour.

The clerk at Guitar Center tried to sell me on the EQ sliders being programmable like that too. Would have been a good idea. May be the MKV+.

Heritage Softail said:
The clerk at Guitar Center tried to sell me on the EQ sliders being programmable like that too. Would have been a good idea. May be the MKV+.
Yeah I was not sold on it. I played around with it and like most Boogies each of the 3 channels has 3 settings and they name them. They just need to make finally a Midi head or controller that switches between the 3 Modes. I know the triaxis is Midi as I had one, but would be nice to have Mesa head that is MIDI with out having to by a GCX, Ground control etc. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back