Mark Iv's Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalmm785

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
I guess i'm joining the boogie family, just purchased a Mark 8) and it's sounding as awesome as everyone was telling me, however, i'm having trouble with the reverb and the lead channel working together.
As soon as i increase the reverb amount, the distortion gets harsher and harsher to almost unbearable at 5 and above...It works fine in the clean and r2 channels, it's only the lead...I could use my external effects processor so it doesn't bother me much but are all mark iv's like this?
Mike

i don't know of anyone using reverb over there lead channel..i just use it over the clean..the reverb isn't really made to be used with the lead channel on full throtle..but it shouldn't be making it harsh...

Tom

I have noticed some weirdness when experimenting with reverb on the lead channel. I use my lead channel for thrashing, pegged right out so as a general principal I don't use reverb. When curiosity got the better of me, I tried it out, and it was strange. Weird slapping sounds immediatly following palm muted notes and really hard downstrokes. This happened once I truned it past 2 or so. I assumed it was the reverb springs causing too much vibration because of so much gain on the signal. I have since rack mounted and didn't even bother mounting the reverb tank since I don't use it anyway.

I get some wierdness if I dime the reverb, but then again I never do that when I'm playing. I usually have it on 3 or so. Just for a little depth. You can't even hear it once we start playing but it's there for the clean stuff when I need it.

Scott

Why would you want the stock spring reverb over your lead channel anyway? It doesn't do much of anything while your gain is up. If nothing else it just makes your sound worsen. I would suggest that you look to an outboard reverb if you want some and run it in your effects loop.

Back