Mark IV B reverb switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_fender

Reaction score
Hey all, I was just wondering about the switching jack for the reverb on the Mark IV B's. Is this a patch point for an internal relay or does the actual reverb signal go through the jack for grounding out, as it can be achieved on the A's? I've tried the schematics, but most of the ones I've found don't show any of the switching matrix. If it is a control contact for an internal relay, what voltage is present (maybe driving a reverb status LED?). While the work-around for the A's does switch fine, I don't like the idea of having a 10+ foot cable plugged into the very sensitive reverb circuit, picking up all kinds of noise and interference. I'm trying to put together a cable snake for all my cables to and from my pedalboard. I was thinking of using Cat5 cable for the FU-3 conductors and a separate reverb switch. However, if the signal travels through the reverb cable, the unsheilded Cat5 won't work. I don't want to end up with a huge bundle of instrument cables, so I figure rewiring a 6 pin XLR plug and integrating 2 more wires for the reverb on/off would get all of the switching done with just one cable. The other cables would be a stereo cable (split to dual mono at each end) for FX loop send and return and a mono cable for the amp input. I had a similar setup for my Triaxis rig and I really liked having just one neatly bundled snake rather than several separate cables running all over the place.

i am pretty sure it is a ground short..it is wired more in parallel with the reverb loop ..i use the mk iv a reverb mod thingy,, i have cable tied a lead onto my mk iv controller with a Rca jack on one end and a normal mono guitar jack on the other..the guitar jack plug's into a box with a DPDT switch, on one side i have the hot and ground and on the other side i have Led and a battery..So when i turn it on the light turns on and the off it's grounding out the reverb line and there is no reverb..

Latest posts

Back