mark III (questions about getting the most out of it)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shock and awe

Reaction score
So I've got a blue stripe 100/60 with eq and reverb I've got a few questions that I only know partial answers to..

1. What kind of footswitches do I need for the eq + reverb and r2/lead (the manual says their switches set the amps tone as well- any truth to that?)

2a. What's the bias set for on the 60/100 heads?

2b Can i run el34s in them? I can't remember which are generally interchangeable (with some bias tweaking for good operation) 6l6 designed amps or el34 designed or BOTH :shock:

3. How does mesa mod the rhythm 2 for level output?

3b How do you like the volume master mod? (on the site that you guys always link to there's a comment from a fancy mesa user saying this mod isn't a good fix.. ??

I think that's it.. Thanks very much!

oh..

4. Anyone have experience with 100/60's and simul-class amps? Any differences in sound when running the same tubes.
thanks again :p

These questions have all been answered recently. Just do a search on markiii and you will find all the answers...

really? All of them?? :( I never searched fore just "mark III" I'll give it a try
-------------------------------------------------
OK, I found some stuff. I still wouldn't mind some less vague opinions on the 100/60 specific questions though.

thanks

ie The answer i found for using el34s was similar to ; don't do it the transformer isnt the same as a simulclass. I've heard of people use 34s in old fenders and 6l6s in marshalls with no problem. Are boogies transformers real sensitive? I wouldn't think so considering it takes general impedance mismatches well.

You can use any standard footswitch for the eq and reverb. It would be best if you used the Mesa footswitch for R2 and lead. All of these footswitches are available from Mesa. The footswitches don't set the amps tone.

All Mesa amps are fixed bias. You need to use the correct tubes for your amp. Mesa can tell you what to use.

You can use EL34's in the outer sockets of a simul-class amp. 100w and 60w models are 6L6 only.

You can add a master volume for R2.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/

You can call Mesa at 707 7786565

[/url]

Thanks !

I'll call mesa and see how they feel about simple mods for el34. Do the employees know their mark IIIs? Or should i ask for mike B specifically?

Latest posts

Back