Mark III - other senseful mods beside rhythm 2 volume mod?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schwerkowsky

Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for the post of the instruction for the rhythm 2 volume mod. Are there other senseful modifications?

schwerkowsky

Hi,

The reverb mod (a single resistor solder from memory) was great on my red stripe. Made the reverb sound better and removed a background buzz. Sorry I don't have a diagram- it died with my hard drive a few weeks ago. It should be easy to find.

Another mod done to mine, a 60 watt, was done to enable El34s to be used, a la a simulclass. I think it may be a cathode bias switch (not quite sure, but the tech labelled it 'Class A). I use it switched on with 6L6s and it makes the amp a bit more dynamic. I don't think this is relevant if your head is 100w.

I can also remember trying a very simple mod that involved wiring a resistor within a patch lead and running it through the effects loop to tame some high end shrillness. As I got better at tweaking the amp I found I didn't need it (In any case, running a pedal or two in the effects loop probably has a similar effect.

The best thing I ever did with my Mark III, however, was to use an attenuator and keep the master volume on about 5 (as I've mentioned elsewhere). I know it's not really a mod, but it had the single biggest impact on my tone.

Good luck

Hi y'all! First post here.

When I got my Mark III, I modded the reverb jack to switch the "Pull Shift" on the lead channel. This gave me the standard lead sound, and another footswitchable lead sound. I ended up not using the rhythm 2 channel at all, just rhythm 1 and the two leads.

BTW, my Mark III does not have the EQ.

See ya!
-Phil

Oh, yeah. The mod was on the shift on the treble control. I don't remember what I did - it was over 15 years ago. But the Boogie tech support stepped me through it at the time.

-Phil

Latest posts

Back