mark III mods

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmoog

Reaction score
I am thinking of taking the plunge, and sending my blue stripe in for the reverb mod, the R2 mod, and the IIC+ spec upgrade. how much are they charging for these nowadays, and do you guys think it is worth it? (esp the IIC+ upgrade, anyone who has had one done tell me what you thought of it)

I had my III (orignally a blue stripe also) modded with the IIC+ mod about a year ago and YES it was well worth it. I think I paid $300+shipping for that mod and the R2 volume.

As for the tone here is what I found noticible. First the R1 channel is cleaner with more sparkle. On the lead channel the top end buzz is rounded off and smoothed out. This will make the tone feel a bit less agressive but it sings a lot more. The bottom end also has more depth to it now and palm mutes sound chunkier. Overall there seems to be a tad bit less gain but the dynamics of the lead channel are sweeter and more fluid. Lead lines with a little delay never sounded so good!

I have no regrets at all about what my amp became with this mod for the cost. In fact I was having GAS for a few other amps so i went and played a few at some local shops and then came home to my IIIC+ and realized how great it sound and apologized to it for my adulterous thoughts.

Back