• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MARK III COLISEUM BLUE STRIPE HEAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay

Reaction score
Very clean mark III coliseum head. Simul-GEQ-reverb. Has the R2 volume mod and reverb mod. No issues with amp-everything works 100%. I am selling because I am happy with my C+ and just don't need another amp. You guys know what it is and it is loud but in half power mode sounds great without killing your ears. Has mesa power tubes and a mix of preamp tubes-with low hours on them and no issues.I have 100% feedback on Ebay-jenkins-electric. Several guys here on board for references. Here is your chance to own a rare boogie. $1000 plus shipping and paypal fees if applicable.
IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

Wow great price man. If I had the cash I would buy it then I would have twin Mark III Coliseum blue stripe heads. Somebody buy this head it's a monster.

Rick

Guitar GeeK said:
Can somebody tell me what is up with a MK III Blue stripe, and what makes it different from a normal MK III?

it means nothing.
don't worry about it.

seriously though, if i said that everyone would jump on me, but really it means nothing.
i've owned at least one of every stripe mark III, they all sound like mark III's. there maybe be some extremely minor differences in this and that, but really no one here could pick what stripe was what in a blind hearing test.

the best sounding mark III i ever had oddly enough was a blue stripe coliseum.
if i had the money, it would already be mine.

The stripes merely denote various minor improvements over the life of the model.
As an analogy, no Strat had a rosewood fretboard before the 60's. Does that make a '62 better than a '57? Nope, just different.
Any Mark III is better than no Mark III :D

stephen sawall said:
Guitar GeeK said:
Can somebody tell me what is up with a MK III Blue stripe, and what makes it different from a normal MK III?

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

Man thanks for the like, but the editors are kinda lazy. If you read the 2007 Mesa Catalog, Specificly, the Mark I page, the webpage reads exactly the same, Right down to the analogies.

Yep, I'm definitely a day late and a dollar short on this one. I placed an ad for a Mark III head here just before this and would of been mine in a minute after placement if I caught it in time. Anyways, congrats to the person who bought it, this is a fabulous amp.

All the Best,
~Nep~

Latest posts

Back