Mark III brainwashing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll admit to being confused. I thought that my Mk.III head was a 60/100W because of the Full Power/Half Power switch. It's a Purple Stripe, #17633, dated 8/86. The Half Power setting sounds significantly louder than my friend's '85 Black Dot in Class A. There's no Simul sticker on the back of mine. Can I find the OT number without pulling the chassis? It was loaded with 4 6L6s when I purchased it. Is this best set-up for it?

Os said:
I'll admit to being confused. I thought that my Mk.III head was a 60/100W because of the Full Power/Half Power switch. It's a Purple Stripe, #17633, dated 8/86. The Half Power setting sounds significantly louder than my friend's '85 Black Dot in Class A. There's no Simul sticker on the back of mine. Can I find the OT number without pulling the chassis? It was loaded with 4 6L6s when I purchased it. Is this best set-up for it?

you have a 60/100 .. your half power 60 watt AB class will be louder than a A class 15 watts.. the 4 6L6's are the only tubes you can run apart from 5881's ( 6L6 sub's..) the serial in of the OT is on one of the side bells of the OT tranny..

phyrexia said:
Boogiebabies said:
Shep said:
i have seen 60 watt and 60/100 watt blue stripe's..

Yeah, maybe two in the last three years. There all over the place. :D

Wait, so my amp's rare?

they are rare in the fact that by the blue stripe there there where more people getting the simlu class..just think how many 60watt and 60/100watt green stripe's are out there.. the anwser is none.. becasue they stoped making them at the fall of the blue stripe..

Latest posts

Back