Mark IIb serial numbers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey James you have the same lettering on your amp as mine. So does the b of 83 represent feb of 1983? Mine says D of 83 with same initials . Mine is a 107**

That's interesting. I always thought it was an 8, suggesting August 1983. But that doesn't match up with the info above. It has a lower serial than 10543 (January), but still a 1983 build - so I'm guessing it's one of the very first amps from that year.

I would guess your amp is from the first quarter of 1983 anyway. Probably one of the last IIBs made - does it have the black knobs like the IIC and later, or earlier ones (Fender style) with the silver insert?

The top edge of the chassis has the spec. The SR on yours means sixty watt/reverb. Mine is HRX - hundred watt/reverb/export PT.

But I'm not sure about what's written below.

Also, anyone know if those are Mike's initials? I've seen a number of amps that look like "MD" but I assume it was just Mike in a hurry

my amp has the black knobs, I asked mike if that was his initials on the amp when he serviced and loop modded mine last year. I believe he said no. I would have to check my emails. But if the d represents April , I guess it would make sense since that was around the end of the run of 2b’s. Yours is the only other one I’ve seen with a letter next to year. I always see the specific date/month/year on prior chassis.

I went back through my emails with mike from last year and he said he had a 910* on the bench and it had the rp9c board in it.

my amp has the black knobs, I asked mike if that was his initials on the amp when he serviced and loop modded mine last year. I believe he said no. I would have to check my emails. But if the d represents April , I guess it would make sense since that was around the end of the run of 2b’s. Yours is the only other one I’ve seen with a letter next to year. I always see the specific date/month/year on prior chassis.

That's interesting if true. I'll have to check if my IIC also has a day and month, as that's also a 1983 build.

The IIB has the gain boost. From what I understand, the very last IICs were the ones that sometimes didn't match. Mine has the pull deep on the face plate, but would have had the gain boost function as stock

I’m not talking about the wording but actual pull deep circuit. I guess it started in the late IIb

Back