Mark IIB Power Transformer HT VAC question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdbthai41

Reaction score
Hi everyone, This is my first post so please be gentle.

I have recently bought my first Boogie, a Mark IIB. I have a number of years of amp building and repair experience on fenders but not so much on Mesas. The IIB is in a bad way and has a blown PT and has been modded by people who don't know what they are doing and I want to return it to is former glory.

I am based in Bangkok, Thailand and have access to guys who can rewind transformers. I was going to buy the export PT from TAD but it cost more than 300 Euros shipped to me in Bangkok. The PT is 117 VAC and I want to make it into an export PT. Does anyone know what the HT VAC is on the Mark IIB - 345VAC?

I will have lots of questions as the restoration progresses. Thanks in advance.

my IIB 60w, rev but non- GEQ is:

247vac wall supply (australia)
red 324ac
red 324ac
green 3.34
green 3.28

sorry, didn't measure the rest of the windings.

It will be very easy to rewind it to 240v.
From memory, the Solico pilot lights want 117v but check first..
Alternatively, have him wind U a new one and it'll still be lots cheaper than TAD with postage..
There are posts here from MKIIBoogie about new multi-voltage red indicator plates, and the voltage switch is a Carling, not sure if they're still made..
Good luck.!
Dave

Hi Dave,
Sincere thanks - that's exactly the info that I needed. I will also need the 50V bias tap and a CT. I will check what the pilot needs - thanks for that advice. I will probably have him wind the primary for 117 VAC, 220 VAC (Thai wall voltage) and 240 VAC (I am an Aussie too so I will need this if I return home). The rewind costs about A$30 so its a no brainer to have it done here. He does a great job too.

My IIB is exactly the same as yours. It has a few "issues" though. It has been heavily modded internally. I think I will have to remove the preamp PCB and start again! Also, the chassis has been put in later cabinet and the mounts don't match. I have a job in front of me!

Any gems of wisdom on getting the best from this amp would be gratefully accepted?

Thanks again, Stuart

Hi again,

Would anyone know the current (mA) of the high tension secretary taps (325 vac). I'm assuming it's around 400 mA.

Also can anyone confirm the voltage on the bias tap - is it 50 vac?

Many thanks again for the help.

Latest posts

Back