Mark IIA graphic EQ slider tip broke -- help...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawnkyTawnk

Reaction score
The mid EQ slider tip broke on my Mark IIA head. Has anyone experienced this and how did you fix it? I haven't pulled the chassis to see how difficult it would be to replace. Is this a DIY job and where do you find a matching slider?

Thanks...

2412231554_1692b62027.jpg

2411406225_5d4875115c.jpg

That looks like the actual slider nubbin broke off. I had the same issue with my IIB....I sent it in to Mike B for regular service/recap/FX mod, and he replaced all the sliders....he said when it's open, it's no biggie to replace them...it was relatively cheap, from what I remember. I hear it's not a fun DIY project though.

You can get the slider from Mesa. It's a 50K Linear fader.
To replace it, the chassis needs to be pulled. Once the chassis is out you need to discharge the filter caps and remove the filter cap board by squeezing the standoffs from the bottom of the chassis. Once removed, you can flip it back out of the way. Next, remove the nuts from the three switches and Master Volume. When that's done, you need to see if you have access to the locking tabs at the top and bottom of the chassis. If you do, you need to push down the upper and lower tabs for all five sliders and back it out. If there is not enough room, remove the nut on the lead drive and hope there is some slack in the pilot light. When the fader board is out, it should flop over and give you access to the back side where you can desolder the fader and install the new one. If I recall, the fader has one tab at the top and three at the bottom.

Have fun... :D

Boogiebabies said:
You can get the slider from Mesa. It's a 50K Linear fader.
To replace it, the chassis needs to be pulled. Once the chassis is out you need to discharge the filter caps and remove the filter cap board by squeezing the standoffs from the bottom of the chassis. Once removed, you can flip it back out of the way. Next, remove the nuts from the three switches and Master Volume. When that's done, you need to see if you have access to the locking tabs at the top and bottom of the chassis. If you do, you need to push down the upper and lower tabs for all five sliders and back it out. If there is not enough room, remove the nut on the lead drive and hope there is some slack in the pilot light. When the fader board is out, it should flop over and give you access to the back side where you can desolder the fader and install the new one. If I recall, the fader has one tab at the top and three at the bottom.

Have fun... :D

Is that all??? :?

It's step 3 that's bothering me.

I can get a fader from Mesa and I can pull the chassis but for some reason I've never gotten over the hurdle (fear) of discharging the filter caps.

Latest posts

Back