Mark II-Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Os

Reaction score
I recently spotted a Boogie for sale on a website. The vendor lists it as a Mark II and states that the chassis date is 11/84. However, from the picture available, it clearly has the "Pull Rhythm" function on the Middle control. I was under the impression that this feature was introduced with the Mark III in March '85. Am I misinformed?

Thank you. Do you think that the vendor's information is therefore inaccurate? November '84 is far too early for a Mark III isn't it?

One other possibility, and it's a longshot. It could be a Mark II that has had the graphic EQ option added recently. When I asked Mike B. about adding the EQ to a Mark IIC+, he said that he can still install the EQ , but they do not have any more Mk II faceplates left. He said that there were still some Mk III faceplates left with the EQ option, and that he has done a few this way for some folks. Double check the date of manufacture, and the serial #. I think my amp was made in 10/84 and the serial # is in the mid 13,000 range.

My Imbuya IIC+ combo is from 10/84 # 1362X.
It's either an added EQ with a MK III faceplate like Joey B said, or
the vendor could be mistaken for 11/85.

It's still worth a look.

When Mike does this, he take a black felt and "covers" over the Pull R2 generally, like they do on the back for the wide heads and wipe out the reverb.

I would be more inclined to think it is a MArk III, but all you have to do is ask the guy of the Middle is a Pull pot or not.

BWK

Thank you all for your help. I always learn something very useful here. The amp is indeed a Mark III and I suspect that it's about ten years newer than advertised. Maybe it's just me and my inexperience with Boogies but there seems to be a great deal more misinformation from vendors than with other lines. I've been collecting Traynors and Ampegs for several years without constantly needing to double check advertised dates and models like this. Does anyone else have the same impression?

Latest posts

Back