• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mark II C Coliseum

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MesaENGR412 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-MAR...5QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That one looks GOOOOODDD!!! I'd love to have that bad boy. Just wanted to show ya'll if anyone's interested.

-AJH

Do me a favor. If you ever see a loaded simul/export trans C+ for sale, send me a PM instead. :twisted:

Seriously though, if anyone on here was the winner, I have some info.
I talked with Mike B. about this amp the first time it was listed on Ebay. He had no record of it coming back in for service, and that it was most likely NOT a "+". (serial # K347 had been sent back for the upgrade). He said that it was also possible to convert K349 to a simul-class C+ :D .A flaky internet connection during the last seconds of this auction had me inventing new cuss words :shock: .

Does anyone have any comments on the fact that this head sold for $2100 USD? I'm feeling very good about what I paid for my Mark IIB Colisuem right now.

Os said:
Does anyone have any comments on the fact that this head sold for $2100 USD?...

Well, they are quite rare so $2100 isn't all that surprising to me. In some ways we are spoiled by most Boogies being relatively cheap. People don't bat an eye paying way more for a Fuchs, Two Rock, Bogner, Diezel and so on.

I thought that was quite high also. I paid 650 for my 2B coliseum without eq but added an eq out of a mark 2a into it, and I paid 700 for my mark3 blue stripe simul coliseum. 2100 is a lot.

timv said:
I thought that was quite high also. I paid 650 for my 2B coliseum without eq but added an eq out of a mark 2a into it, and I paid 700 for my mark3 blue stripe simul coliseum. 2100 is a lot.

You got a steal on both of those man

-AJH

I paid $1150 CAD for my Mark IIB Coliseum, no reverb. I put about another $80 into replacing broken EQ faders. All totalled, that would be about $1050 USD at the time, October, 2006.

Heres pictures of the 2. I am planning on scanning the face plate from my old 2a for the eq area on the 2B and trying to print a good color sticker to lay over my eq addition.
139_3925.jpg

Here's the mk 3
139_3934.jpg

I guess some people might frown upon the 'hacking' but I figured if I sent it to boogie to have an eq added the best he could do was install a mark 3 faceplate if they had one so... having eq on it was more valuable to me anyway. If I can print a good enough sticker to overlay the area, it will probably look decent...

I think that the scanned sticker for the EQ sounds like a great idea. Two Coliseums and a blue-face SVT...and I thought I had some wallop! I am in envy of your Mark III Coliseum.

On the Half Power setting (75W), it's a sweet guitar amp. Mine was used by a dark surf band playing a 150 seater the other night. It sounded great. It also makes a really nice bass head on Full Power (180W). That's how I use it personally. Driving an Ampeg 8x10, it's mighty fine!

timv said:
Heres pictures of the 2. I am planning on scanning the face plate from my old 2a for the eq area on the 2B and trying to print a good color sticker to lay over my eq addition.
139_3925.jpg

Here's the mk 3
139_3934.jpg

I guess some people might frown upon the 'hacking' but I figured if I sent it to boogie to have an eq added the best he could do was install a mark 3 faceplate if they had one so... having eq on it was more valuable to me anyway. If I can print a good enough sticker to overlay the area, it will probably look decent...

did you buy that mark III col on ebay?
if so, i'm willing to bet you bought it from me.
is it k554 with a r2 volume mod by any chance?

I did buy it off ebay but added the R2 mod after I got it. I'll have to check the serial number when I get home.
I installed the EQ from a mark 2 so it was pretty much a drop in addition, had to extend some wires for the long chassis though.

I'm a bit of a gear collecting nerd and when I see good deals, I can't pass them up, sure my credit card is a bit high but it will work out and if worse comes to worse, I could sell pretty much any of my stuff for a profit.

That SVT I got for 500 but had to do alot of work on it. It still has the 6146 tubes and is a great amp.

I also have a traynor YBA-3A , a fender 400ps, a mesa 400, strategy 500 power amp, and a mark IV.

I'm an electronics tech and have worked on my amps for about 10 years now and like getting amps cheaply just to take apart and see how they work, do a few tweaks, clean them up, check the tubes etc... and sell them once something else comes up that I would rather have. Most of the things I have right now are staying.

I have several projects waiting still: a traynor yba 1A, ampeg v4's, etc....

The really stupid thing about all the equipment I have is I am not playing with anyone right now but usually play pretty loud, heavy, stuff but love having good equipment to play it with.

Anyway, not trying to brag or anything, just proud of the stuff I have.

The serial number on the mark 3 coliseum is A22920. That seems a bit weird to me because I thought all the coliseums were K???

I won this head and it is incredible! I picked it up last week, I called Boogie to verify some of the info about the head and it is NOT a C+, but the auction never stated it was. It is a 1983 Mark IIC Coliseum 300 series, I am def. going to get it modded. As it is the gain is just to weak for my tastes, it has everything except it is the non simul-class version which is cool for what I want to use the amp for... anyway great head, couldn't be happier with it and the person that sold it was very informative and very helpful with answering questions, overall sick deal and great price! Even got an Anvil road case with it!

Greenevil said:
I won this head and it is incredible! I picked it up last week, I called Boogie to verify some of the info about the head and it is NOT a C+, but the auction never stated it was. It is a 1983 Mark IIC Coliseum 300 series, I am def. going to get it modded. As it is the gain is just to weak for my tastes, it has everything except it is the non simul-class version which is cool for what I want to use the amp for... anyway great head, couldn't be happier with it and the person that sold it was very informative and very helpful with answering questions, overall sick deal and great price! Even got an Anvil road case with it!

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what was your max bid? I was trying to throw a "hail mary" bid, and my internet flaked out on me. :evil: Good score, by the way.

Greenevil said:
I believe my max was $2100 or maybe $2200...

I was right there with you in terms of max bid. You win some you lose some, I guess. I missed this amp a total of three times, including a second chance offer that I was scared of (came through my email rather than Ebay). It just wasn't meant to be. :) Mike said he could upgrade this amp to a Simul , but I didn't get a price to do that.

Yeah man I have lost a good share of auctions to connection problems, outbidding, etc. so I guess this one was meant to be!

I spoke to Mike about the modding and all that good stuff. He said he can upgrade to the amp to simul for about $200-220, I am not sure I want to go simul-class though, not really sure how much that would really add to the tone. Not benefit for me to have 6L6s and EL34s running, but the C+ will def. be done!

Latest posts

Back