Mark I - Reissue or original?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LooseChange

Reaction score
I have either a mint Mark I or a reissue. What is the easiest way to tell which one it is?
MK1.JPG

Thanks!

That's a reissue, blue LED and the model name on the front panel.

GEQ was an upgrade option, not stock.

I'm ready to put a high output led in mine .
can't see the **** thing ...Blue ... :roll:

My MK I RI has an orange pilot light, so there are some minor differences. Newer ones have chassis straps like Fender amps, mine has the plastic cup "Sus4 Suspension."

Oh, you have a SUS4 Mark I RI? that's interesting, I thought they started building them after the SUS4 stuff went away.

I could be wrong about the Sus4, thing. My amp has four plastic "cups" where the chassis screws are, on the top of the amp. I always assumed that was the Sus4 suspension, but we all know what "assume" means!
My amp has a chassis date of '90.

If I had to guess that would be an early reissue. It is definately not an originol.

Nice Amp BTW.

my mk I RI has SUS-4 and doesn't have tweed switch. it has 12/9/89 written on PCB board, export PT and serial no is H00064 :) i can't find any right schematics for this amp.

Kinx said:
my mk I RI has SUS-4 and doesn't have tweed switch. it has 12/9/89 written on PCB board, export PT and serial no is H00064 :) i can't find any right schematics for this amp.

I stand corrected. :eek:

How about this:

Serial #'s beginning with the letter "A" or "B" = original MkI

Serial #'s beginning with the letter "H" = MkI Re-issue

I'm now certain that someone will come up with a one-off ******* MkI that will disprove this as well. In fact, after seeing three Coliseum amps without the letter "K" in the serial #, I would put money on it. And I'm not a bettin' man. :lol: :lol:

Had they even reissued the I in 89 yet?

Werent the orignal reissue the SOB? When were those made?

Back