LSS or Express 5:50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don said:
If you're considering both, then I would think that you still have more research to do before buying an amp.

The Hot Rod Deluxe and DeVille are strictly consumer grade amplifiers. The components that they're built from look like something you'd find in a shopping mall rather than an electronics supplier (I'm a mechanical engineer at an electronics company so that's not a humble opionion).
They're not in the same league, tonally or construction wise as anything Mesa/Boogie sells, nor does Fender offer the level of customer support that Mesa does.

Thanks Don.

I don't think I would really choose any Fender over the LSS. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in my research. Sounds like I'm in good hands with Mesa.

It's great to know that they have great customer service too!

I'm sure you'd be happy with a Lonestar for your style as they're great amps.

The major advantage of the 5:50 is that it's more versatile cause it's got more gain on tap. You'll need less pedals with this amp than probably anything else on the market. It's also lighter and $500 cheaper.

If your searching for a great Black Face tone in a new well built amp then I would go with the LSC.

Huge great deep complex 3d shimmery cleans when I dial it in, I can pretty much get a match with my BF Vibrolux. In addition the LSC has a very nice gain channel. Takes a bit to dial it in but I find it more useful and organic sounding than 90% of the pedals out there. No high gain but Stonesy Mick Taylor crunch in spades.

Also try the LSc with el34s -really special -so touch sensitive in tweed mode with the 34s that my search for a boutique 34/84 amp has come to a halt.

:D I tried a friend's Fulltone Distortion Pro in front of the Clean channel on my LSS, it was very nice. :D I was able to dial in any distortion I wanted.

Sounded like crap on Channel 2 though with the Gain & Drive turned up a bit.

Back