Loop Mix Level

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Reaction score
I played my Triple Recto 2ch tonight with no effects going through the loop and wasnt getting the same feel/tone from it like i usually do. I was thinking that maybe the tubes were dying or something as I hadnt touched any settings on the amp for weeks.

I play with the loop on as I like how it effects the amp - even with no effects plugged in. It turns out I was playing around with effects a couple of days ago and left the mix level knob on 100%. I usually play with both send and mix on 50% when no effects are connected.

It was a major relief and im just amazed at what a difference each knob makes to the amp. I mean the difference from 100% to 50% was massive - enough to say if I couldnt get that sound back I wouldnt have been happy with the amp anymore. I guess 50% is the sweet spot for me.

That's the thing with Mesa that they have so many settings that can effect the tone which is good and bad I guess. It took me a few months to find a sound that i was consistently happy with - it was hit and miss for awhile there, but once nailed, it is magic. :lol:

Anyone had similar experiences with the effects loop? I guess most ppl on here get it modified to serial so its not an issue.

scottm said:
I played my Triple Recto 2ch tonight with no effects going through the loop and wasnt getting the same feel/tone from it like i usually do. I was thinking that maybe the tubes were dying or something as I hadnt touched any settings on the amp for weeks.

I play with the loop on as I like how it effects the amp - even with no effects plugged in. It turns out I was playing around with effects a couple of days ago and left the mix level knob on 100%. I usually play with both send and mix on 50% when no effects are connected.

It was a major relief and im just amazed at what a difference each knob makes to the amp. I mean the difference from 100% to 50% was massive - enough to say if I couldnt get that sound back I wouldnt have been happy with the amp anymore. I guess 50% is the sweet spot for me.

That's the thing with Mesa that they have so many settings that can effect the tone which is good and bad I guess. It took me a few months to find a sound that i was consistently happy with - it was hit and miss for awhile there, but once nailed, it is magic. :lol:

Anyone had similar experiences with the effects loop? I guess most ppl on here get it modified to serial so its not an issue.

I agree with you... I like a little more my RK II with FX attach to it... I have not try it to play with no FX, I thought that it can damage the amp... but if you already made it and your amp did not burn its ok for me!! hahaha. in friday I will give it a try!!!

ive played with loop on but no effects plugged in on the 3 rectos ive had over the years with no problem. anyone had a problem using the loop like this? maybe the roadkings are different? i have not seen anything in the recto manuals about this issue. i just like the extra preamp stage used in the loop to shape the amps tone a bit more. i prefer the amp on spongy too btw.

second thing i discovered last night was that i was amazed at how different (brighter) the amp was sounding while i was using a thinner pick (like half the thickness.) i would say it was similar to turning up the presence. i was getting too much recto fizz for my liking - again enough to not play with that size pick again.

Latest posts

Back