Looking for good guitar instructional videos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reh is the biggest musical instructional videos distribuitor of the last century
Yes the rock discipline is so great, I also see the frank gambale, and paul gilbert videos they are really amazing...
I have a little collection here in vhs, Yngwie malsteem, and others....

Scott Henderson's REH video is brilliant, his style is blues/fusion/jazz. The tips and notions he provides on melodic phrasing is excellent, the video's great just for this. He also talks about scales and chords (he has 2 REH videos). He also shows you ideas on what scales to play over what chord over changes.

I've also got the Allen Holdsworth video, again, being a fusion player he provides lots of scale ideas, which are pretty unique sounding. This one's for the advanced.

John Petrucci's REH video provides lots of licks & chromatic etudes, as well as techniques for building chops, speed and practice routines. I like this one, although in terms of music theory this one's weak.

Al di Meola's video is quite good too, he shows you his technique, as well as some scales and how to "aim" for a particular note within a run etc, and much more.

There are as many REH videos as there are great players - Malmsteen, Eric Johnsson, Stanley Jordan, Brett Garsed, Frank Gambale, Greg Howe Paul Gilbert and so on, and most of them are quite good, each artist shows how to play like them pretty much, and they show you their take on music theory.[/quote]

scott henderson is an amazing guitarrist but my poor mind is not prepared for his music, I enjoy a lot with him, but if I try to listen more than an hour he gaves me a terrible headache because he have a so dense music that i´m not able to assimalate.
on tribal tech he sounds great, but now I prefer his new blues band

Well if you like the blues then you will definately dig & learn from Scott Henderson's 2nd instructional video. I saw him play a couple of weeks ago, and I really respect his technique and note choice, but it wasn't all to my taste. I'm more into the Petrucci/Holdsworth/Howe/Johnson thing. But in his video the way he talks about phrasing and licks is really good.

Another great REH video I left is ROBBEN FORD. Very nice lessons on blues, check it out for blues-ey chordal & scalar ideas.

it depends of your guitar skill... i.e. john petrucci rock discipline isn't actually for very beginners (even if shows interesting stretching exercises to do before playing)...

Latest posts

Back