KT88's & KT66's in a Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using either KT88's or KT66's in their Roadster head? I am curious how each affects the tone.

Thanks

old post but I am wondering the same thing. has anyone tried kt88s or kt66s, or both together? either in a roadster or other dual rec, anyone?

jhguitar1 said:
Has anyone tried using either KT88's or KT66's in their Roadster head? I am curious how each affects the tone.

Thanks

You can put KT66, but NOT KT88 !
Differencies between 6L6GC and KT66 are described in a lot of threads here, I can't help since I've never tried a KT66.

crane said:
Differencies between 6L6GC and KT66 are described in a lot of threads here, I can't help since I've never tried a KT66.

jay at eurotubes sells a combined kit of kt66 and kt88s made for the roadster that you can run in rectifier or diode, bold or spongy

grantcooper2 said:
crane said:

jay at eurotubes sells a combined kit of kt66 and kt88s made for the roadster that you can run in rectifier or diode, bold or spongy
Yep, I forget that Roadster can handle EL34, and KT88 draw just a little bit more heater current. But due to the power of the KT88 they can't be biased very hot, so I'm curious hearing that kit in a Mesa amp.

Latest posts

Back