JP2C Power Transformer (Export / Voltages / x101)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thaymz

Reaction score
Hi all

I have an early JP2C LTD which is US 120v. I live in Australia and just curious is the PT is one with multitaps and can be rewired to work with 240v or if it is a different transformer for the export models?

Separately, I have come across a couple of x101 PTs that I could get installed in there by a local tech. Are there any other components required to get that working or would it be a fairly simple straight swap? I had a peak into the JP2Cs chassis and the wires seem to be going to a ribbon connector rather than direct to board.

If I go down this route, assuming its 100% reversible should I ever decide to sell this amp?

Many thanks in advance

Howdy

What I’ve gathered Mesa has done export models with different transformer - no multitap in US models (would have ordered Mesa amps from USA otherwise :D)

if I remember correctly the power transformer is custom made for JP2C only - maybe some professionals can chime in with correct info 😁

Howdy

What I’ve gathered Mesa has done export models with different transformer - no multitap in US models (would have ordered Mesa amps from USA otherwise :D)

if I remember correctly the power transformer is custom made for JP2C only - maybe some professionals can chime in with correct info 😁
Thanks yeah I did have a suspicion they were different.

I've just discovered we can now upload pics directly to the board, what a win. Thanks for the forum upgrade, so much better in a lot of ways.

Attachments

• IMG_5654.jpeg
    IMG_5654.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    454.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5655.jpeg
    IMG_5655.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 0
Buy a step down transformer on Amazon or eBay. 240 in, 120 out. There’s cheaper ones than this one, but to point you in the right direction. This way, it’ll work down under without modding the amp. Also any replacement transformer that’s not the correct one from Mesa will definitely change the characteristics of your amps sound.

Simran AR-5000 Voltage Converter Transformer Regulator, 5000 WATT, Ivory/Grey https://a.co/d/6fXuaG7

Buy a step down transformer on Amazon or eBay. 240 in, 120 out. There’s cheaper ones than this one, but to point you in the right direction. This way, it’ll work down under without modding the amp. Also any replacement transformer that’s not the correct one from Mesa will definitely change the characteristics of your amps sound.

Simran AR-5000 Voltage Converter Transformer Regulator, 5000 WATT, Ivory/Grey https://a.co/d/6fXuaG7
Thanks. Yeah I have a step-down and have been running it that way for a few years. The x101 was the production c+ Export transformer so I am curious to see if and how it impacts the tone, but more so will give me 240v. If it's a reversible mod I'm ok with that. If irreversible I'd be more hesitant given its the LTD model.

Back