JP-2C Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloanthebone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
When i use reverb on the blue or red channel it sounds incredibly thin and a drastic tone change. Also seems to add a boost effect. I have read how great the reverb is on this but I am not having the same results. Any ideas what would make the reverb so terrible? I mean, it is really terrible. It also doesn't sound very reverby. I have the reverb mix set to just under 9:00 and if i go above that it's terrible feedback. This behaves way different than my TC50 which I have all 3 reverb mix settings at noon and sounds awesome on any channel.

The reverb from channel 1 comes from a different place in the circuit than channels 2 and 3. They have a bit less depth to them than channel1 (setting them in the same position, channel 1 will have more of reverby(?) sound). The feedback issue is not right though. Tube 4 is the reverb send and 3 is the return. I would check those first. Beyond that you may have to have a tech look at it.

The reverb from channel 1 comes from a different place in the circuit than channels 2 and 3. They have a bit less depth to them than channel1 (setting them in the same position, channel 1 will have more of reverby(?) sound). The feedback issue is not right though. Tube 4 is the reverb send and 3 is the return. I would check those first. Beyond that you may have to have a tech look at it.
Thanks for the reply. I switched out tube 3 but totally missed that tube 4 was involved too. Will check that one out next. Interesting enough, the manual says tube 3 should be a 12ax7 but mine came with a 12at7. Switched with a 12ax7 and it made no difference.

Sigh……. So after switching out both tubes and messing around with other settings, I decided I was going to just switch out all the tubes. I took off the back cage and looked down and saw that the wire to the reverb tank was barely plugged in. Pushed it in all the way and what do you know, works perfect. Sometimes it’s the simple things we overlook.

I will say the behavior was interesting. With the wire not seated all the way in, I could use the reverb button as a boost and control the volume with the reverb knob. However it did thin out the sound too much. Anyway, thanks for reading.

Are you aware that the front panel can be removed to access the preamp tubes? Just thought I would throw that out there. It is still a pain since I have big hands but I can manage it. However, if you have the JP2C limited edition, you need to do it the old fashion way, remove the chassis for easy access. I cannot get the bloody shields off let alone get the **** preamp tubes back in by going through the back of the amp.
20190706_140414.jpg

Are you aware that the front panel can be removed to access the preamp tubes? Just thought I would throw that out there. It is still a pain since I have big hands but I can manage it. However, if you have the JP2C limited edition, you need to do it the old fashion way, remove the chassis for easy access. I cannot get the bloody shields off let alone get the **** preamp tubes back in by going through the back of the amp.View attachment 980
Thanks for the tip, I wasnt aware!

Latest posts

Back