its that time again (need new tubes)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeppman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Trying to figure out what kind of 6L6 tubes I want to put in my Mark iv. I think NOS is out of the question because I really don't feel (or can justify) spending over $100 on 4 power tubes. I'd appreciate any suggestions or stories anyone has about 6L6 tubes in their Marks. I mostly stick to blues/rock... nothing too heavy. Thanks.

www.dougstubes.com

Doug hooked me up with a nice soft pair of 6L6 JJ's for my IIC+. My amp has alot more character now. I also have a pair of SED 6L6's, but I think the JJ's get more of a "cranked" sound.

If I had a Mark IV, I'd be trying some Tung Sol 6V6's. Boogies are way to loud as it is and the chance to use 6V6's is pushing me to buy a Mark IV.

He's a good guy, has good prices and is very knowledgeable and his basement is literally filled with tube boxes. Call him up and tell him what sound you want.

I have to hit him up for some EH 7861's for my Ampeg, myself.

Dan W

Yeah, i've done JJs and like them quite a bit, but they were a little dark. I'm looking for more of a warmer lighter tone. I play a fender strat, so i need fatness and warmth. Has anyone tried the new tungsol reissues?

Well, i'm probably going to go with the JJs... unless someone has something else to say :lol:

Latest posts

Back