Is the Triple Crown going to be discontinued?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richprice79

Reaction score
I have noticed Mesa hasn't restocked these in a very long time. I also noticed its not in the dropdown any longer. You can navigate to it if you click the electric link but seems odd and maybe foreshadowing.

1673450086323.png

Good chance. I asked them a related question recently about cabs and they said they're streamlining all of their lines, which makes a lot of sense to me. There was a lot of redundancy. They may bring some stuff back in the future but only time will tell. They gave their warehouse a complete overhaul. Safe to say if it's not on the website anymore it's gone, although maybe only temporarily. All of their switchers and buffers and their attenuator are also history.

Having said that, it's not listed in their legacy products so there's hope. They have a Badlander section, but Badlanders are also under Rectifiers. This seems pointless to me. Maybe it's supposed to be TCs. I hope so, I don't think they should kill them off yet.

Badlanders are really taking off for them though, I know of more than one guitarist that's switched to them from a TC.

They may have messed up when updating the webiste. (assumption). Considering the Badlander and Triple Crown look similar since they share the same cabinets, the marketing department may have done an oops. If you go to the bottom of the page, click on amplifiers and the TC comes up in the list. If it is going to be out of production, they would have moved those links too.

The Triple Crown is not a bad amp. I have the TC100 and TC50. I much prefer the Royal Atlantic 100W. Also the Badlander 100W is another of my favorites. I should pull out the TC-100 and figure out why it does not sound like a 100W amp. Think the FX tube has lost its mojo.

It's not just the Triple Crown. The California Tweed Cabinets have the same issue. They aren't shown in a category under Cabinets. However if you click cabinets and then guitar, they show up in the master list. The CT is an excellent seller and needs cabs to match it's unique style. So who knows. The Gibson shadow potentially hangs over everything Boogie does now, right or wrong.

It's not just the Triple Crown. The California Tweed Cabinets have the same issue. They aren't shown in a category under Cabinets. However if you click cabinets and then guitar, they show up in the master list. The CT is an excellent seller and needs cabs to match it's unique style. So who knows. The Gibson shadow potentially hangs over everything Boogie does now, right or wrong.

Same with Fillmore. It seems like Gibson will do one line of Boogie cabinets and one line of Mesa cabinets. Understandable from a financial perspective, although, as a user, I appreciate line-dedicated models more. I love the way my Fillmore cabs look and sound like. I'm fortunate to have two

If Gibson has marketing people with the same mindset of the idiots I work with, Mesa Boogie is doomed. There is no such thing as one size fits all.

I am surprised that Gibson has not reduced their guitar line to just Les Paul or SG models. May as well make them out of compressed paper to save on production costs and financial law suits over protected lumber.

Spoke with Mesa today while ordering some reverb parts for my Mark IV combo to head conversion. I was told some parts needed for the Triple Crowns (specially the TC-100) are on back order until about Sept due to supply chain shortages. Hence why they took them down due to the 8+ month wait time. Again what I was told, so we'll see.

Spoke with Mesa today while ordering some reverb parts for my Mark IV combo to head conversion. I was told some parts needed for the Triple Crowns (specially the TC-100) are on back order until about Sept due to supply chain shortages. Hence why they took them down due to the 8+ month wait time. Again what I was told, so we'll see.
Called them yesterday about tubes and asked if they discontinued the Triple Crown amps and was told no, they just can’t get the transformers for them. Asked about where all the tubes are and they said most come from Russia and the conflict there has caused shortages.

Latest posts

Back