I'm looking for the sound of a "Mesa Engineering"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeq7

Reaction score
I am looking for a Mesa Head that would sound like a vintage "Mesa Engineering" 1 channel head from 1978 or 1979. What new or recently released Mesa Head would sound like that amp. I know it would have to have 2 6L6 tubes but I'm not sure about any other specs. The front panel of the amp I am trying to emulate has the logo "Mesa Engineering" not "Mesa Boogie" on it. Any info on this amp or how I could best emulate the sound of it with a new Head would be greatly appreciated.

would the f-50 head or the DC-5 sound more like it than a Mark I or Mark IV? Please explain if you can?

The Mark I is the head you are looking for- it was the only Mesa amp available in that era.

This also means that you need to keep further questions posted ONLY in the vintage amps section.

mikeq7 said:
I am looking for a Mesa Head that would sound like a vintage "Mesa Engineering" 1 channel head from 1978 or 1979. What new or recently released Mesa Head would sound like that amp. I know it would have to have 2 6L6 tubes but I'm not sure about any other specs. The front panel of the amp I am trying to emulate has the logo "Mesa Engineering" not "Mesa Boogie" on it. Any info on this amp or how I could best emulate the sound of it with a new Head would be greatly appreciated.

Try both Lonestar amps . Take your time with them as they arent instant gratification . You want want to even try EL34s in the LS classic

Latest posts

Back