IIC+ value?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a good range of value to pay for a Mark IIC+ made in 4/84 (serial #126XX) with simul-class, reverb, blonde tolex, 1x12 all in mint condition?

I've been checking auctions on eBay for 6-7 years and sold a 2C+ 1.5 years ago (Combo loaded w/Simul/Rev/EQ/Imbuya/EVM 12L I sold for $2250). The prices seem to have jumped 33% higher in last year BUT I believe many sellers OVERESTIMATE the value of their 2C's that lack reverb, EQ, or simul. THe amp ABOVE (IMO again) is worth $1500 to $2000 and not a penny more mainly because it lacks the EQ. THe EQ is awesome but simply the Simul/Rev/EQ C+'s (and C's since they're easily upgraded by Mike B at BOogie) ..."OPTION'd OUT" are WORTH THE MOST!

Just a quick note to say that my 60 watt IIC+ has the massive transformer with the switchable voltages.

mark randall said:
Why is EQ the most valuable option? I would think the extrat EQ would just make it harder to consistently get a good sound live due to having to mess with the EQ depending on the room you were in.

How many of the IIC+'s were made? I think I have read that there are about 2500 and about 750 of these have the Simul-class. I think the Simul-class and reverb would be more desirable in these amps than the EQ. Maybe this is because I am not a Metal-head...more blues, alt., rock here.

So it sounds like this no-EQ IIC+ could be worth about $2000+????

At a benefit where many guitarists were playing through the same MKIIC+ and getting similarly bad tone, I noted that one player achieved tone that was totally different and much more musical. I asked him what gives..he had recently purchased his own MKIIC+...from me (I had not 'gone to school' with it before selling). He had made himself aware that the graphic EQ is post-pre amp. If you are running any gain at all in the preamp, the passive tone control in the preamp section , especially the bass, can easily be overdriven. To avoid this, these controls must be adjusted to cut the gain in those freqs to avoid the raggedy preamp breakup. The low end can be restored in the graphic without affecting preamp gain structure. By the way, this fellow plays blues, r&b and rock for a living. I have another customer who has an SOB without the graphic, and he ralized after playing my re-acquired MKIIC+ with the graphic that he really doesn't find much use for his SOB. Maybe he should try a looped graphic.

Latest posts

Back