IIC+ value?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark randall

Reaction score
What is a good range of value to pay for a Mark IIC+ made in 4/84 (serial #126XX) with simul-class, reverb, blonde tolex, 1x12 all in mint condition?

Thanks!

Hi.

Not sure what _your_ particular Mark IIC+ is worth but you could do a search on Ebay and check the results of past auctions on the same or similar items to get a feel of what people are willing to pay on ebay. You need to have a (free) account on Ebay in order to search for past auctions.

Also look for the prices people put in the Harmony Central gear reviews. The price variation might be large though... Maybe this is not the most accurate way to tell the price...

Another option is to check the bluebooks (?) on gear prices. Google is your friend for web searches like this. HTH.

-Humphrey

I have searched eBay and have found them selling for anywhere from $2000-3200 which seems like a big difference. Blue Book says $1200 but that isn't even close to market sales value. Harmony Central is all over the place from $500- 3000.

Is $2600-2900 fair to pay for this rare amp? Too much? Too little?

Sorry, can't help you there. Am not too familiar with Mark IIC+s. I am located in Australia and the pricing of Boogie stuff here is even stranger (expensive) than in the US....

The price range you've seen on Ebay, are these Mark IIC+s with the same optionsand cosmetinc condition as the one you mentioned? That might somewhat explain the range in prices? It all depends on supply and demand I guess.

$1000 to $1500. IMHO it is a glorified MK I without Simul, EQ and Reverb.
The latest high water marks on E-Bay have been astounding, yet in some cases normal for a well opted hardwood or a well opted head.
They are becoming the next Dumble or 59 Burst's of the amp world. Like it, believe it or not.

Yea but the one in the original post does have a simul and reverb so it is worth a good deal more the $1500. :?

At least $2000 probably more.

A few months ago they were going for $1200. These are riding the coat tails of the Simul-EQ-Reverb. I love those auctions that state how a 60 with no EQ has the Metallica/Petrucci sound. Unless they have at least Simul, they have the small PT and OT. Not my cup of tea or an investment grade IIC+ with all the options. The IIC+ on E-Bay now is the real deal with the export.
Now that is what I am talking about. The day I see a 60 base model go for $ 2000 on average is the day I will quit this forum and commit myself to buying every IIC+ known to man, or MesieBooga.

No offense to those 60 watt base model owners...

Hey Boogie where are you getting this 60 watt thing? Maybe your talking about something else. The original poster said he had simul that only comes on 100 watters so his isn't a 60 I am sure you know that so maybe your looking at something else or I am. :wink:

How much more would a Simul be worth? The EQ is the key to these amps. So would a Simul-Reverb be worth $ 1600.00. Three years ago you could buy a Simul-EQ-Reverb for $ 900.

Blame the bad post on a car accident and pain killers.

Why is EQ the most valuable option? I would think the extrat EQ would just make it harder to consistently get a good sound live due to having to mess with the EQ depending on the room you were in.

How many of the IIC+'s were made? I think I have read that there are about 2500 and about 750 of these have the Simul-class. I think the Simul-class and reverb would be more desirable in these amps than the EQ. Maybe this is because I am not a Metal-head...more blues, alt., rock here.

So it sounds like this no-EQ IIC+ could be worth about $2000+????

Not a problem you have given us more then you know. I knew there had to some issue. I haven't been into these amps nearly as long or as deeply as you have so my estimates are of current prices and trends. I do see these as being highly collectable. Any C+ is better then no C+. :wink:

908ssp said:
Not a problem you have given us more then you know. I knew there had to some issue. I haven't been into these amps nearly as long or as deeply as you have so my estimates are of current prices and trends. I do see these as being highly collectable. Any C+ is better then no C+. :wink:

The sad thing is that they can sound even better with a GE-7 in the loop instead of the graphic.

Boogiebabies,

If they sound better with an EQ pedal in the loop as opposed to using the EQ on the amp, why would an amp with the EQ be worth more?

Thanks!

mark randall said:
Boogiebabies,

If they sound better with an EQ pedal in the loop as opposed to using the EQ on the amp, why would an amp with the EQ be worth more?

Thanks!

Supply and Demand.... plus no one knows until they get one. I wouldn't buy one without the eq. (I never tried it so I am not agreeing btw no offense BB) Unless the price was smokin'. :wink:

Consider the idea of plug and play.... I can haul out my combo and be playing in the time it takes me to plug in the power chord... about 3 seconds. No fuss, no muss!

On board eq is like having a fully loaded laptop.... It's a pain in the *** connecting my External HD, and my DVD/RW.... Who wants to piss around with effects and peddles etc.... I guess it's all about options and versatility.

The GR-7 has more frequency bands to cut or boost.

As for options, would you take a 67 Corvette with a 427/435 HP Tri-Power or a 327/300 HP?

I really doubt that 2500 were made. I have never seen a serial over 14200.
I know that the beleif is that they go to 15000, but where are all these 14200 and higher amps. Almost everyone for sale either private or public has been between 12500 and 14200 over the last 4 years.

I have driven both the 427 and the 327 and they both have their good points and their bad. I know the 327 handled better, the torque of the 427 was brutal but hard to get the power down the tires just spun. On the street a good running 327 was hard to beat as it could out rev the 427 which might be what was needed.

The point is if your collecting you want the 427 but if you actually have to use it the 327 might be the better choice.

The same goes for the MKIIC+. I love the sound of my 100/60 no reverb no EQ into two TT. It does a Santana smooth over drive thing that is just wonderful, 415 power tubes Telefunken pres.

The combo does a more modern sound and with the EQ can do a heavy metal from hell rhythm lots of fun but not something I can use much.

Anybody have any EQ slide knobs for sale?

WhiteDelBoogie.jpg

_1010208copy.jpg

I wish. It is a replica not original but that you thought it might be is a big complement. It is closed back and I forgot to upload a picture of the back. All solid Bubinga with two Tone Tubby Hemp cones H1E alnico speakers. Found the badge on eBay paid stupid money for it too.

DSCN1180copy.jpg

DSCN1181copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back