hum on channel 3 of my dual rec....help???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_silenced

Reaction score
i run my 3rd channel on modern on my dual rec and when i have my gain up past 2 o clock i get a wicked hum come from the speakers...i guess im exagerating when i say wicked but when im in rehearsal or play a gig, its enough for me to change to the first or second channel where the gain is minimal if not at all in between songs to get rid of it. once i turn the gain down below 12 o clock and below it seems to dissapear..my boss ns2 does not get rid of it.

is this normal?

are there any suggestions to get something that will get rid of this.
i like the fullness of the gain around 2 or 3 so i dont really want to turn it down if i can help it.

Thanks!

its strange i think, is your loop on, are you using your master output?

I found I had the same problem with the NF-2, it doesen't seem to 'gate' the noise, rather it tries to supress it. However, I found with these amps that the boss' noise supression hardly works.

I've heard good things about the ISP decimator pedal. I'll probably pick one up soon.

i use an ibanez s1625 with emg 81/85 pickups. I know they are hot pickups but ive only noticed the hum of late...maybe it was always there. i went and tried my boss ns2 on another dual rec in the shop i bought the dual rec from because i thought that the boss ns2 might be faulty but both mine and a new one did the same thing.

is there a "noise gate" pedal as apposed to a "noise supressor" pedal.

is there a difference??..maybe im running the wrong pedal.

ive been advised that a company called ebtech make a "hum eliminator" that may get rid of this.

thanks for your help...im not that technically minded with this stuff.

I think it depends where the source of the hum is. The ebtech hum eliminator will remove things like mains hum. Beringher make a similar cheap item, it's basically a safe ground lift type thing.

You could use a noise gate in the loop, but you'll need to balance the mix and send levels and maybe re-adjust your master levels - but if you haven't modded your loop, it'll still be parallel, so you'll still have some sound when the gate kicks in.

Bare in mind, a gate only cuts off the noise when you stop playing, it doesn't solve the source of the problem.

Wingee said:
I think it depends where the source of the hum is. The ebtech hum eliminator will remove things like mains hum. Beringher make a similar cheap item, it's basically a safe ground lift type thing.

You could use a noise gate in the loop, but you'll need to balance the mix and send levels and maybe re-adjust your master levels - but if you haven't modded your loop, it'll still be parallel, so you'll still have some sound when the gate kicks in.

Bare in mind, a gate only cuts off the noise when you stop playing, it doesn't solve the source of the problem.

I bought the behringer model, It sucks ! ! ! it's a big piece of ****.
try the Palmer brand, works better.

OK, well it worked for my problem! I think the guy needs to suss if it's a ground loop issue, or whatever the source of the hum is!

Latest posts

Back