How would a Rec sound with...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Eminence Legends? I currently have a cab loaded with them and plan on buying a Single Rectifier. I won't have money to buy new speakers though, so I just want to get some opinions on people who've used this combination before or how they think it would sound. Currently, my set up sounds pretty good - clear and responsive. I just want a new sound. My stuff is currently set up for metal, but I'm getting more into hardcore and punk.

I had Legends in a Basson 4x12 for a little over a year with a 2ch Triple Rec. I hated the combination! IMO the Legends just don't sound that good, so I'd say look elsewhere. Specifically, they were harsh but sounded flat, as if they had very little life to them. I ended up with a Recto 4x12 with V30s, and that made me very happy.

What kind of cab do you have?

I have a Krank cab and Mesa 212 with one Vintage 30 and one Veteran 30. I've heard terrible things about the Recs with Basson 412s, but I've heard great things about them with Vader 412s which also use Legends. I'd consider swapping the speakers out, though definitely not for Celestions. I'm not gonna buy another cab, as the build quality of the Krank is fantastic.

I totally love the tone i get with my triple rec + krank rev 4x12 cab which is loaded with V12 legends!

They are a very well balanced speaker. V30's are a little harsh for me.
I play hardcore/metal type music(think Gallows, if you've heard of them). It helps me get a slightly more british tone without going to el34's.

I use very little gain compared to how much is in the rec and more mids and highs than the standard metal tones but i am a massive fan of the legends for sure.

I have a 4x12 loaded with 2 legends and 2 veteran 30s, wired in stereo in an X-pattern. the Veteran 30 is much more crisp and clearer than the legends, they sound flubby and gross for the bass notes. the veteran 30s sound better than the vintage 30s i had before, less spikey, but still crisp and crunchy, great cleans as well.

Latest posts

Back