How many replaced there Recto's with the Electra Dyne

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been playing with variations on this theme on and off for a number of months. I think the inspiration is kind of obvious. The thing is, it works really well at very low volumes. At those kinds of volumes the Recto is almost all boxy mids while the ED fills in the highs and lows. The results are thick with moderate looseness and good definition. Great rock sound.

Funny... the best low volume amp I've ever used is two 100w heads running in parallel.

file-11.jpg

jdurso said:
Heritage Softail said:
Maybe as time goes by, and music changes, the recto gets replaced. Not hating on the Recto. I have one i don't use often, but it is a great amp.

Played a few Dynes. Would not call it a replacement or even that similar to a buzzy chainsaw recto. When they get cheaper, a little 1x12 Dyne may follow me home. Great amp. Seems to need a new volume pot, goes to super loud real quick.

Not sure how cheap you're expecting but I have seen quite a few heads and combos go between 800-1000 which to me is getting towards (if not is in) the cheap category.

I just scored a 1x12 combo for $825.... picking it up this Saturday.

Awesome! Enjoy it, you're going to LOVE it!!!

jdurso said:
Heritage Softail said:
Maybe as time goes by, and music changes, the recto gets replaced. Not hating on the Recto. I have one i don't use often, but it is a great amp.

Played a few Dynes. Would not call it a replacement or even that similar to a buzzy chainsaw recto. When they get cheaper, a little 1x12 Dyne may follow me home. Great amp. Seems to need a new volume pot, goes to super loud real quick.

Not sure how cheap you're expecting but I have seen quite a few heads and combos go between 800-1000 which to me is getting towards (if not is in) the cheap category.

That is cheap for a high end amp.

Sounds like you will have plans for Saturday. Hope you don't have a chic that is jealous of your guitar!

:lol:

Heritage Softail said:
jdurso said:
Heritage Softail said:

That is cheap for a high end amp.

Sounds like you will have plans for Saturday. Hope you don't have a chic that is jealous of your guitar!

:lol:

As long as I play her some John Mayer she doesn't mind my addiction.. I mean hobby. Leaving in a bit to go pickup the ED.

Hollis said:
If I could find one for $825 it would be mine

Trust me... i thought there HAD to be something up with this amp for the guy to agree to that price. I would pay $825 with tears and rips in the grill in tolex, but the one I got looks brand new. Especially given the fact that it has an upgraded (or at leats in price upgraded) speaker, this amp is by far the best deal I've ever had.

Man thats a deal!!!

I got the Dyne to replace my old JCM900

Went from zero bass and tons of gain to ALL THE BASS and just enough gain to get that awesome feedback when the OD pedal gets stepped on

YEYUH!

Ah. The Thayil Configuration :). I just saw it for the first time last week and have been itching to set up something similar myself.

It makes total sense: all the controls are close together. It's compact and looks great.

-Daniel

screamingdaisy said:
Been playing with variations on this theme on and off for a number of months. I think the inspiration is kind of obvious. The thing is, it works really well at very low volumes. At those kinds of volumes the Recto is almost all boxy mids while the ED fills in the highs and lows. The results are thick with moderate looseness and good definition. Great rock sound.

Funny... the best low volume amp I've ever used is two 100w heads running in parallel.

file-11.jpg

Latest posts

Back