Help With Kirk Hammett Tone For DR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xedwinx206

Reaction score
i have a 3 channel dual rectifier head. and am looking for some help getting similar tones to kirk's and james' sound on the black album? any help is appreciated
thanks
edwin song

try these:
channel 3: modern, bold, silicone diode

master: 3-3:30

treble: 1oclock
bass: 1-2 oclock
gain: 2-3oclock
mid: 9-10oclock
presence: noon

Did you check my site for Kirk's rackmount recto settings? Also keep in mind that he uses a dummy load and the preamp signal goes out to the strategy 400 for his recto tone. For solos, he adds the triaxis (and jmp1 back in the 90s) and a TS9.

yea ive looked at your site. i dont have a rackmount DR though so thats why im looking for settings for the head version
thanks
edwin song

xedwinx206 said:
yea ive looked at your site. i dont have a rackmount DR though so thats why im looking for settings for the head version
thanks
edwin song

If yours is an older 2 channel DR (pre-'97ish I'd say..anyone feel free to correct me), then it's got the same guts in it as the Rackmounts, it's just been put into a head case....... Rackmount versions of heads are the same as regular boxed heads, they are just condensed to fit into a rack unit. Now, if you have a later 2 channel with a large logo, or a 3 channel head, then yes, you have a different amplifier than the older 2 channels/rackmounts because of the circuit board revisions and of course, the addition of a third channel.

-AJH

On the black album they used the markIIc, you can get close with a rec, you will have to boost it. Emg pickups will help as well.

Latest posts

Back