HELP! What is this Guitar, looks and plays sweet PICS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimebag rex

Reaction score
I just looking into this guitar for a trade, for a tube amp I got, I never heard of this brand ever, it plays well, can someone tell me anything about it and maybe whats it worth?? thanks
201009270922491-1.jpg

201009270922121-1.jpg

You could start by providing more information. Brand? It's hard to tell from blurry photos. :D

Those used to be awesome guitars back in the eighties and early nineties. On par with any high-end Kramer or Ibanez at the time.

Here's a similar but Japanese version. They both seem to be Robin Medley, but yours has a set neck. Could be Medley Custom.

http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-ROBIN-MEDLE...R-/380260480791?pt=Guitar&hash=item58894a7717

Here's a Medley Custom (top left) with different finish and binding. I guess only Customs are arched.

http://www.robinguitars.com/1985-1.html

Should be a really fine guitar once set up properly.

you think this could be a custom?? USA made or Japan made?? The tuning keys says made is Japan in small fine letters.

Dunno. Medley Custom was the only one with arched body that I know of though. Either way those were good guitars. US models were great for a while. It was the guitar to have back in the eighties. Not as famous, but they were happening for a few years back then. My buddy had one or two, he lived in Houston area for a while.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO its a USA MODEL, Before 1987 all robins where made in Japan and had a seal under the finish..........

(In around 1985 Robin introduced another mainstay model, the long-standing Medley Series. The Medley was perhaps Wintz's favorite design of the period. This was a genuine superstrat, with the squarish shape of the Ranger, with thinner, pointed horns, plus the reverse blade headstock. Pickups were the soon-to-be conventional hum/sing/sing, with a coil tap, although some examples are seen with three single-coils, two humbuckers, and even a few with a humbucker/single/humbucker arrangement. Medleys had a two-octave fingerboard and a Kahler as standard gear. Two models were offered. The Standard was made of ash with a bolt-on neck and dot-inlaid rosewood fingerboard. The Custom had a bound, carved mahogany body with a set-in neck, bound ebony fingerboard, and triangle inlays. By the way, the very first shipment of Medleys had a "Made in Japan " sticker on the back of the neck under the finish. These were covered over with a "Custom Made" sticker that was sealed with a shot of clear coat. Like the Ranger, the Medley would continue to be a part of the Robin line to this day. .) <---copyed from robin site in plus in 85 the medley had a kahler trem from factory

this guitar has a robin floyd rose which it says from site .............(The first American Robins were the Medley Custom-TX series, the TX meaning they were assembled in Texas , of course.

A word of caution about American-made Robin guitars. Japanese-made Robins are pretty consistent in terms of details. However, from the beginning of U.S. production, Robin operated a custom shop. This meant that just about any feature you wanted could be had, including custom graphics. This means you can expect to find just about any variation on a Robin, and it's probably Kosher.

The new Medley Custom TXs had Robin's now-typical squarish "Strat-style" body with pointed horns and neck-through construction. Necks had two-octave fingerboards and came with your choice of the trademark reverse blade headstock or a new split or winged four-and-two shape. All in the catalog had locking Floyd Rose systems. Wintz gave some of the various models names such as Deluxe, House and Sport, but no details are available on which was which. We do know that models came with either bound or unbound flamed maple carved tops over mahogany or a solid wood, probably ash. Fingerboards were mainly rosewood bound with triangle inlays, bound with dots, or unbound with dots. Pickup options included regulation hum/sing/sing, hum/sing/hum, and a single humbucker, at least. )

therfore Im pretty sure this is a USA guitar, check out site http://www.robinguitars.com/history.html

Latest posts

Back