HELP HELP HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kavnsted

Reaction score
I just bought home a single rec, second edition, from the US. So it is a 110V edition. I live in Denmark and we have 220V here. I then bought a 220V to 110V power step down converter (max 1000 watts) but I keep burning up the fuses in the amp. What am I doing wrong? It burns the fuses when I switch the amp on from standby. could it be tubes? Or do I have a more serious problem?

Have anyone got any knowledge or experience with this problem? I don't think the wattage on the converter should be a problem. A maximum of 1000 watts should be more than suffient.

Hope someone can help me. :?:

yes 1000w should be fine. its amps x voltage to get wattage eg 4a x 120v = 480w. sounds like its something else.

check all your preamp tubes are lighting up in standby mode (take off the covers to check.) get a new set of power tubes just to be safe. check you have the speaker connected up properly when you switch from standby to on.

if all checks out and u still have trouble get in touch with your seller and let him know its having fuse problems and the amp is defective. good luck. :)

I dont know about using step down transformers with your amp, but as far as tubes and fuses go. Two things pop the fuse. Power tubes shorting out, and transformers gone bad.

If you put a new fuse in and turn the amp on standby and it goes right out, you cooked the transformer. Since the amp turns on when in standby, I'd say its not the transformer.

Pre amp tubes control your actual guitar input (V1) and the stages of each channel. No sound at all, crackling, or very low volume in all channels (V1) is bad. Crackling or low volume in just one channel, look at (V2) and (V3). pre amp tubes usually dont (i've never seen it happen, but maybe it can) cause a short where they take out a fuse.

So, that leaves the Power tubes. When power tubes go bad, they can short out and pop the fuse. I think Mesa talks about it in the manual. Start with the power tubes and see if that fixes it.

BMarchant

Back