guitar repair BOSTON/Cambridge area

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor414rce2003

Reaction score
hey folks can somebody recomend a repair shop to re- fret and change pick-ups in my 1990 Les Paul standard-looking for top notch work at a FAIR price!!!I have heard some horror stories about some shops and techs who only think they know what they are doing-so if YOU have 1rst hand knowledge of a top notch tech please let me know. thank you in advance for your input

Sorry about jumping on your post; but looking in the same area for a good amp tech to put the Mark 1 back into action.

If you are willing to ship to Connecticut, Guitar Works in Orange Connecticut offers phenominal quality and the most reasonable prices I have ever gotten in my life.Mike is the luthier there and unfortunately wont be taking new work until the 2nd week of July due to vacation.BUt after that he'll be working non stop for another year.And he is a Gibson and vintage enthusiast.

The number is 203-799-6157. You can spend alot more and get alot less.

I live in the same area and would love to hear of some worthy luthiers who service the NE area - MA/NH to be specific.

I've had some small guitar modifications done here with no problems.

Mouradian Guitar Repair
1904 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140-2101
(617) 547-5454

They were friendly and up front. Never had anything fancy done but they are well known in this area. Search on the name if you like.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

-Paul

For acoustic guitars Pat Diburrol in exeter NH-603-778-0746. He did a fantastic job on my cracked taylor and his prices are very reasonable!!!!!!!!$120 to fix 2 cracks,,install a new bridge, new strings and a set up. I still have not done the LP frets but plan on doing it when I get tax refund. I stoped of in camb,he must be good he is back logged 3months but I think I will talk to Pat about the LP

Welp, since I added to this thread long ago, I've found a great place in Lowell, MA:

http://www.whitsettguitarworks.com/

Bill Whitsett is authorized by all the biggies, clearly knows what he's doing, charges a good price, has quick turnaround, and is a good guy. All my guitars now go to him.

Highly recommended

Jim Mouradian has been "the Man" in the Boston area for years.
For years I never let anyone but Jim touch any of my guitars.
He's a good guy but you need to call him and book the work usually a month in advance.
If that's not problem then he is your man. He does really really good work.
About a year ago I discovered (thru a friend)
Steve Morrill "Morrill Guitar Repair"
I have to say he is probably as good as Mouradian and the wait time is waaay shorter
because he is not as well known.

Steve Morrill Guitar Repair
169 Mass Ave
Boston MA 02115
617-315-5127
he did a refret on my Carvin DC727 and saved it from going on Ebay.
he does great set ups and is very reasonably priced and a good guy to boot!
Now he basically does all of my setups and mods.

FPFL said:
I've had some small guitar modifications done here with no problems.

Mouradian Guitar Repair
1904 Massachusetts Ave
Cambridge, MA 02140-2101
(617) 547-5454

They were friendly and up front. Never had anything fancy done but they are well known in this area. Search on the name if you like.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

-Paul

Latest posts

Back