Got my 2X12 cab today!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksalt7

Reaction score
OK....I'm almost officially deaf now :lol: :lol:
I picked up a nice 2x12 Recto cab off of CL this morning for CHEEEEAP!!
Got it home and set my Ace on top of it and OMG!!! All of a sudden, my Stiletto's tone controls are useful...I can actually use the treble and presence now!!! The Ace on top of the 2x12 is sweeet; it's just a WALL of sound now. :mrgreen: I'm sure my neighbors are gonna call on me now, but guess what...I DON'T CARE!! I'm just in tone heaven right now!! OK...enough of a break. Gotta go play some more :twisted: ...

Oh yeah....I'll have to try out my DC-2 w/ this monster too!! Ahhh, Mesa lust!! :mrgreen:

It's the horizontal flavor; it seems to be an older version (no trac-lock casters), but it's in pretty good shape w/ only a few nicks on the tolex. The sound is great however- it's real full and rich. I can't believe how good this Stiletto sounds now! It's just totally addictive!

How does your Mk V sound with your 2x12 Music Man? I'm guessing you're equally ecstatic at this point!

rocksalt7 said:
How does your Mk V sound with your 2x12 Music Man? I'm guessing you're equally ecstatic at this point!

I've not had much time to spend with it yet! Hopefully on my lunch break I can crank it up a bit and see what she can do. :twisted:

Unfortunately, I've got more time than I had planned on. I lost my job of 14 years on Friday...really sucks!!!! But...I got this cab yesterday, and that made me feel a little better. Just gotta get back in the work game so I can keep the family and guitars fed!!!

Let us hear how that new cab works for ya Music Man, I'd be really surprised if you don't like it!!!

Hey rocksalt7,
Good to hear your digging the Recto cab with the Ace.
Mesa makes great cabinets that's for sure.

Sorry to here about the lay off though. 2009 has been a rough year for a lot of us.
I'm sending some good vibes down to ya so I hope you get back at it real soon.

Riff

Thanks, Riff....I appreciate the vibes. I'll try and think warm thoughts to keep you thawed out. :shock:
It's cold here today, but I'll bet it's COLD where you are.... :mrgreen:

Man, I just sold a Stiletto Deuce on eBay tonight and I'm going to miss it! It absolutely smoked through the Recto 2x12 cab! Add the Xotic BB preamp through the clean channel and it was TONE for DAYS! My Ace NEVER sounded as good as this little booger. And, the Deuce is a Stage I which is supposedly not as favored as the II. I thought it sounded wicked!

Oh, and my Mark V sounds pretty good through the 2x12 as well. :wink:

Back