G-System Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifeson

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I've purchased a G-System unit a couple of days ago, but I'm still in troubles with the 4 cables connection.
Running the g-system in series with my Road King Head, or in both effect loops, I get very nice tones, but with these connection I give up the ability of using the loops features and the filter section is totally useless...
With the 4 cables mode as I turn on the serial loop I noticed a deep volume drop, so I assumed that is a matter of volume level or stuff like that...
Is there any owner of RK and GS that can help me?
Kind regards in advance!

I have the G system with the Roadster and it works perfectly. You probably already know this but the insert loop is set to "off" in all presents so you need to enable it in a patch and then go into the global settings and set the insert lock on. Also the boost function is actually an attenuator that you "shut off" for the boost. You can go into the global levels and set the boost level to "0" or simply turn on the boost to set your levels. The loop level and loop headroom are very important settings also in the global settings menu. Keep tweaking and you will end up very happy!!!

IMG_7684aweb.jpg

TheFullNelsons said:
I have the G system with the Roadster and it works perfectly. You probably already know this but the insert loop is set to "off" in all presents so you need to enable it in a patch and then go into the global settings and set the insert lock on. Also the boost function is actually an attenuator that you "shut off" for the boost. You can go into the global levels and set the boost level to "0" or simply turn on the boost to set your levels. The loop level and loop headroom are very important settings also in the global settings menu. Keep tweaking and you will end up very happy!!!

IMG_7684aweb.jpg

Thanks a lot for the answer! Can you tell me exactly how I can turn the insert loop on? I'm pretty new to this unit, as you can see.
By the way, very nice gear!!!

Thanks!

To turn on insert loop. Hit Edit Button ( top right one ) Turn the PAGE encoder until it says EDIT EFFECTS LOOPS then press enter (lower left button) Now turn PAGE encoder until you see LOOP 4 and INSERT. Use the B encoder to turn the Insert ON. Now hold down the present button for a few seconds until it says STORE and press enter.

This will turn the INSERT loop on.

Now to lock it ON press EDIT ( top right button ) then MENU ( or UP button ) Now turn PAGE button until you see UTILITY and press enter.
Now turn page enoder until you see Insert Lock and turn to ON using the A encoder.

This should do it. Let me know if you have problems.

TheFullNelsons said:
To turn on insert loop. Hit Edit Button ( top right one ) Turn the PAGE encoder until it says EDIT EFFECTS LOOPS then press enter (lower left button) Now turn PAGE encoder until you see LOOP 4 and INSERT. Use the B encoder to turn the Insert ON. Now hold down the present button for a few seconds until it says STORE and press enter.

This will turn the INSERT loop on.

Now to lock it ON press EDIT ( top right button ) then MENU ( or UP button ) Now turn PAGE button until you see UTILITY and press enter.
Now turn page enoder until you see Insert Lock and turn to ON using the A encoder.

This should do it. Let me know if you have problems.

It works!!!
Thank you SO MUCH!
Now I'm searching for the right balance between all levels, but I've allready noticed the top notch quality of this incredible unit.
I owned the g-force for 5 years, but I prefer the g-system modulations and filters. Delays and Reverbs are fine too, not as my TRex Replica, but I have still to tweak a lot before comparing.

Thanks a lot for you support: if you plan to visit Italy. I'll offer you a pizza!
:D

Latest posts

Back