G-Major users....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Care to share your chorus settings?

I'm not happy with what I've dialed in lately for a chorus sound with my Roadster in ch 4 Modern. I'm looking for an airy, almost spooky (ala Randy Rhoads) rhythm chorus sound, not really LA Metal though.

Please, no other gear recommendations, the delays are awesome in the G-Maj and it fits my rig perfectly. I'm also quite sure I have my in/out levels set correctly.

Thanks,
Dom

Try tweaking the "Tom Petty" chorus factory setting.

I'm curious, what are your delay settings?

domct203 said:
Please, no other gear recommendations

hahahahaha. that's so true!

i'm getting a G major in a couple of week, mainly for chorus and echo so i'll probably come here and ask you some suggestions :)

I thought you might want to know about the G-Major Yahoo! group. I'd love if you post your chorus setting because I haven't been too pleased with the factory presets.... they seem to be there to show of the capabilities of the unit, not real-life applications of the tones. I'm dying to get my hands on some patch settings that have worked for you.

Thanks Velodoug, I always forget about the Yahoo groups.

Try that Tom Petty patch Finnster recommended. I've been tweaking that but it's still not what I'm hearing in my head yet.

Finnster, here are my basic lead delay settings:
Subtype = Dual
Dly1 = 350ms Dly2 = 0ms
Tempo1 & 2 = Ignored
Dly FB1 = 17%
Dly FB2 = 0
FB Hcut = 12.6kHz
FB Lcut = 50.12Hz
Pan1 = Center
Pan2 = Center
Mix = 40% (or to suit)
OutLev = 0dB

If you add a short delay time (10-30ms) to Dly2 with a shorter feedback than Dly1 you sort of get this "reverb-y" thing going on with your initial attack.

Play with the filters, especially FB Hcut. This takes the highs out of the repeats to make them warmer.

Dom

Latest posts

Back